These taste just like an old-fashioned doughnut with cinnamon and sugar. Be prepared to make more immediately because they'll be gone in no time. .
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, egg and milk.
- Add the flour mixture to the oil and milk mixture and stir just until combined.
- Coat a standard 12-cup muffin pan well with nonstick cooking spray and divide the batter evenly among the cups.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of one muffin comes out clean.
- Run a knife around the sides of each of the muffins and shake them out of the pan while still hot. Place them on a wire rack while you assemble your toppings.
- In a small, shallow bowl, melt the butter.
- In another small, shallow bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip each muffin first in the butter, then into the cinnamon-sugar, swirling to coat all sides. Let cool for a few minutes on a wire rack so that the butter and sugar can harden slightly before serving.
Nutrition Information for 1 Muffin: Calories 220, Total Fat 9.2 g, Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g, Dietary Fiber 0.5 g, Sugars 17.6 g, Protein 3.1 g
Recipe adapted from Tasty Kitchen
These are best when eaten warm, fresh from the oven, but consuming them at any point on the day you make them is just as lovely.