These mini lasagnas aren’t just adorable, they’re perfectly portioned — 181 calories and half the hassle of the full-pan version. Serve yourself two for dinner alongside a big salad or bring a dozen to a next party and prepare to have people ask for the recipe. They even freeze well, so try making a double batch and popping half in the freezer to reheat next time you’re craving lasagna.
These mini lasagnas aren't just adorable, they're perfectly portioned! 181 calories and half the hassle of the full-pan version. Serve yourself two for dinner alongside a big salad or bring a dozen to your next party for a delicious crowd-pleasing appetizer.
- 12 ounces ground turkey breast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes, or tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 ½ cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 24 small square wonton wrappers (find them in the refrigerated section of the produce dept)
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set it over medium heat. Add the ground turkey, onions, mushrooms, salt, and pepper, and cook, crumbling the turkey with a wooden spoon as you go, until the turkey is browned, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and 2 teaspoons of the oregano. Bring the pan to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta with the remaining teaspoon of oregano, and the basil. Stir to mix well.
- Spray a standard-size muffin tin with cooking spray and place 1 wonton wrapper in each of the 12 cups, pressing firmly in the bottom of the cup and up the sides. Using half of the ricotta mixture, divide it among the 12 muffin cups. Next, using half of the turkey tomato sauce, spoon it evenly over each of the ricotta filled cups. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of the mozzarella. Gently press another wonton wrapper on top of the mozzarella layer. Repeat the layering process, finishing with mozzarella cheese. Bake until the wonton edges are crispy and the cheese has melted, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let the cups cool, remove them from the pan, and serve!
Nutrition Information for 1 petite lasagna: Calories 181, Fat 8g, Carb 14g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 2g, Protein 14g