Dishing in the New Year

by Andie Mitchell on January 2, 2011

Vegan Black Bean Burgers

Setting foot in a new year, with a technicolor bright future ahead of us, I want to share my favorite healthy recipes. I figure, they set me afire with inspiration and motivation to eat well, to eat naturally, so maybe that will happen for you too. The very thought of eating them holds enough thrill to send me hurdling to my kitchen.

Learning to cook saved me. While losing weight, I learned to make the meals that I’d loved my whole life in a healthier, lighter way.  It was the best and most fulfilling project I’d undertaken. It made my year-long journey worthwhile. This post is a sampling of those dishes.

You will find an obscene number of burger recipes here. You might wonder if I’m The Hamburglar. You might even consider drawing  up a business plan with me for our own Wendy’s franchise.

But beyond that, there are lots of re-creations of traditionally decadent dinners. And maybe, just maybe, you’ll feel inspired too.

Chinese Chicken Salad

Dal Makhani

Turkey Pot Pie with Cornbread Crust

Chicken with Creamy Mustard Mascarpone Marsala Sauce

Spicy Coconut Chicken with Mango Basil Salsa

Pulled Pork with Tart Apple Slaw

Liz @ Tip Top Shape January 2, 2011 at 8:15 am

These all look amazing!!!

Lisa @ Dishes of Mrs. Fish January 2, 2011 at 8:52 am

What a great post to help us all get 2011 started in a healthy way! Can’t wait to make the nachos and buffalo chicken!

Jo Ann January 2, 2011 at 9:12 am

I want a bit of everything!

itsacupcakeworld January 2, 2011 at 10:42 am

It all looks great, but I couldn’t take my eyes off the vegan black bean burger. I love how you can see the ingredients in it, it’s not all just ground up into who knows what.

Michelle @ a Whole Lot of Life January 2, 2011 at 11:56 am

I am totally planning to make at least one of these recipes this week. They all look DELICIOUS! Thanks for doing a round-up for us lazy folks :)

Happy New Year!

snackgirlgoeshealthy January 2, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Dal Makhani looks so good! There is about 4 recipes up there I’m dying to try! Thanks girl!!
Happy New Year!

Natalie (First Kitchen) January 2, 2011 at 3:59 pm

Those black bean burgers look INCREDIBLE! Mine are usually too crumbly but yours are perfect. I’ll have to try it out.

Connecting Collegiates and Future Employers January 2, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Wonderful recipes to ring in 2011! I love your blog and your story! I have linked you up on my blog tonight! I will be back for more!
Mama Holli