Barbecue Chicken Rolls

barbecue chicken rolls

You are cordially invited:

Who: You, Dr. Drew, and his team of addiction medicine specialists

What: An intervention for Miss Andie Mitchell, a dangerously addicted egg roll wrap pusher

When: Immediately

Where: Andie’s home, Seattle, WA

Why: Because in one month’s time, Miss Mitchell has exhibited signs of extreme dependency on egg roll wrappers. Case in point:  Buffalo Chicken Rolls, Tuna Rangoon, Chicken Parmesan Wraps, and now, Barbecue Chicken Rolls. There’s a strong likelihood that if left untreated, Miss Mitchell will overdose.

If you or someone you love is suffering from extreme dependency on egg roll wrappers, seek help by calling 1-800-Egg-Roll. It’s never too late.

If you are a mature adult, able to use egg roll wrappers in a responsible manner, feel free to make barbecue chicken rolls for a snack, dinner, or the Oscars this Sunday. They are wildly delicious, sweet and savory all at once. Use my Buffalo Chicken Roll recipe, found here,  and substitute barbecue sauce for the hot wing sauce, and extra sharp cheddar for the blue cheese.

Warning: These rolls are habit-forming.

For the complete recipe, substituting barbecue sauce and cheddar cheese, and a step-by-step tutorial, click here.

Comments

1. says

Um duh, I didn’t realize I could bake these and not deep fry. My world just opened up. I’m making these and a couple of other ones Sunday night.

You may need to start a support group.

2. kkkittykat says

Is there an area on this site that lists the nutrition facts? I’m on a low fat diet and want to see the fat amount.

Thanks
    kitty

3. says

You do realise that you are now forcing me to go out and buy wrappers so I can make this for dinner this evening. THANK YOU again – I still haven’t had the opportunity to make these from when you first posted about them.
    :-) Mandy

4. Amanda says

Lord have mercy!! I’m snowed in and have no hopes of venturing to procure wrappers or any thing else for another day or two. I may just sit in a corner and cry desolately. Tell my kids I love them.

5. johnny says

Ditto!! Keep them coming and we can all join in the therapy circle and (while eating these scrumptous treats) tell our stories of over indulgence! :)

6. Allison says

HUGE HIT!! Tried these and the vegan black bean burgers for when my in-laws and parents were in town. Everyone loved them.

7. Jessica says

Do you think these, the buffalo chicken and the chicken Parmesan all could be made ahead of time and then frozen?

All of these look absolutely amazing and I want to try them, but I live alone and I don’t want most of them to go to waste!

8. says

What a witty blog! I literally laughed out loud when I read your intervention invitation. I am posting your bar-b-cue chicken rolls on my “Join me for Dinner, Won’t You? Board on Pinterest:) And I cannot wait to try the recipe:) Keep up the wit:)

9. Cyndi says

Looks and sounds delicious! I am going to make these today. Have you ever tried freezing some? I would like to make a double batch and keep some for later. Can’t wait to try them! :-)

• says

Hey Laura,
      Yes, they’re very, very close. The difference calories in the types of cheese is negligible, so the barbecue sauce is really what changes the nutrition stats, and it adds roughly 15 calories per roll.

Trackbacks

1. Barbecue Chicken Rolls « Can You Stay for Dinner?…

A certain restaurant chain at one point had buffalo chicken wontons.. my wife loved those things. Not exactly the same, but close enough….