14 Things You’ll Never Need to Know About Me

by Andie Mitchell on March 18, 2011

cranberry seed chicken salad

…but aww shucks I’ll tell you anyway.

1. I got my two front teeth knocked out on a seesaw and missed them dearly for much of my childhood. The song,“All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth,” still haunts me to this day.
  2. Peanut butter and fluff sandwiches are without question my favorite thing to eat.
  3. I talk to my mother for 18 minutes in the morning as I walk to work, and 22 minutes as I walk home. The difference in time can be attributed to the fact that I’m summiting Everest on the return. I will have the loveliest rear end sometime within the next ten to twenty years.
  4. I am very sensitive to sound. Things that make me want to squirm inside a cocoon and stay there include, loud chewing of potato chips, forks touching teeth in any way, and baby carrots (enough said).
  5. I do not have a smart phone, and I don’t imagine I’ll spring for one anytime soon.
  6. If I could be anything in the world, and Oprah wasn’t an option, I’d be Gayle. And then a singer.
  7. I have been aggressively falling into the Gap for at least 16 years.
  8. I eat a Pink Lady apple every.single.day. after lunch.
  9. I’m currently reading The Pioneer Woman in chronological order beginning with her very first post in May of 2006. I expect to be caught up by the time my first grandchild goes to college.
  10. Kissing You”  by Des’ree became my favorite song after I heard it for the first time in Romeo & Juliet in 1996.
  11. Leonardo DiCaprio has nothing to do with it.
  12. Nope, not a single thing to do with it.
  13. Maybe just one thing.
  14. Adding cranberries, minced scallions,  and salted sunflower seeds to chicken salad makes me one very happy lady. Sweet, salty, crunchy, creamy.

Curt Stimpson March 18, 2011 at 8:58 am

I will say it again….you crack me up!!

Leah @ Why Deprive? March 18, 2011 at 8:59 am

I love posts like this!
Also, I swear my butt looks 100 times better after just a weekend in Seattle. Those hills are CRAZY!!

Matt @ The Athlete's Plate March 18, 2011 at 8:59 am

PB and Fluff? I like PB with a spoon ;)

sara March 18, 2011 at 9:06 am

Haha, you’re just too cute! :)

(And the sunflower seeds sound perfecttttt.)

Beth March 18, 2011 at 9:06 am

Love this list! I have a smartphone and have been thinking about getting rid of it for a while.. $95 a month is a LOT!

Janice Harper March 18, 2011 at 9:20 am

I have a phone that’s so smart it makes me feel stupid just figuring out how to answer it. But I won’t let it into my kitchen, it can’t cook a thing. I make a very similar salad (pecans or almonds instead of sunflower seeds, but I’ll give them a try). I also add tarragon, and sometimes instead of dried cranberries, I’ll use dried cherries. Best ever.

Lisa @ Thrive Style March 18, 2011 at 9:30 am

This is a great list—so fun to learn some more about you!
Stick to you guns, sister—no need for a smart phone :)

Amy @ Second City Randomness March 18, 2011 at 9:45 am

I love that pb fluff is one of your favorite things. Especially since I’ve yet to try it. I know, I know! It’ll change my life… I just haven’t thought to buy “fluff” since the last time I made marshmallow buttercream (which will also change your life…).

Liz @ Tip Top Shape March 18, 2011 at 9:47 am

ha, I seriously love your posts!! Too funny!

Nancie Baden March 18, 2011 at 10:00 am

I really do enjoy your posts……and I especially agree with #11-13 on this one.

Lauren March 18, 2011 at 10:48 am

Lol! I loved the song “Kissing You” after I saw that movie, too. In fact.. that movie is sitting on my shelf. But it has everything to do with Leo. ;)

Can You Stay for Dinner March 18, 2011 at 11:02 am

So glad I’m not alone :)

Colleen March 18, 2011 at 11:16 am

Love it! I’m with you on #1. I fell down the stairs when I was a baby, just after getting my first 2 teeth, and nocked them out. Didn’t have my bottom two front teth til I was 8. :)

Can You Stay for Dinner March 18, 2011 at 11:19 am

Oh the wounds of childhood :) Thanks for sharing Colleen!

Robbi Cary March 18, 2011 at 11:57 am

LOVE your post, your list, your blog. Thanks for sharing and writing!!!

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean March 18, 2011 at 12:17 pm

loved this post…especially how you’ve been falling into the GAP ;)

Kelly March 18, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Aw, I love that song! And what a great movie, right? It’s definitely one of my very very favorites. I have both the soundtrack and the score from the movie.

carlee March 18, 2011 at 2:14 pm

hahah this made me laugh! LOVE number 1!

MelissaNibbles March 18, 2011 at 2:24 pm

I love this! “Kissing You” is one of my favorite songs on my ipod and oh my god…that scene in the movie! Makes my ladyparts feel funny.

I’m jealous of your future ass.

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun March 18, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Love this post bec I love learning little bits about you. I too don’t have a smart phone and have to eat an apple every day. We were out today and I was so sad!

Meaghan March 18, 2011 at 5:53 pm

I am the same way with #4! I hate loud chewers (of any food) and teeth on forks or metal on metal (like forks and knives scraping against each other) drive me crazy!

thecompletecookbook March 19, 2011 at 2:18 am

Always fun learning more about you – great idea for a post. :-) Mandy

Kate March 19, 2011 at 3:51 am

Great post! That is nice that you have such a great relationship with your mom.

Sarah (Running To Slow Things Down) March 19, 2011 at 6:35 am

This is such a fun post! :D And I love the idea of adding sunflower seeds and cranberries to chicken salad. What a fun, unexpected flavor addition! :D

Ashly March 19, 2011 at 8:48 am

Got to love fluffernutter sandwiches lol.

becky March 19, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Hi there, I printed off your recipe for Mexican pulled pork tacos today. after i got to the grocery store they had no good selections for pork roast. i still wanted to get something so i ended up getting beef roast. have you every used your seasoning mixture in the pork recipe on beef? just curious :) i will be making it for dinner tomorrow night so hopefully it will be flavorful and yummy :) thanks!

Jessica March 20, 2011 at 8:07 am

It’s quite possible that you may be my long lost sister…
I feel much more normal after reading this :)

Niki March 20, 2011 at 8:53 am

Kissing You is hands down my favorite love song of all time!

Cindy March 20, 2011 at 11:02 am

I love posts like this…you are the cutesy thing ever.

I eat an apple almost every day after lunch…but like an hour later. :)
xo

Di March 22, 2011 at 7:05 am

I love Leo. And that song is fantastic. :)

Lindsey @ trail to train March 30, 2011 at 11:37 am

hahaha ohhh my goddness you read my mind, I’m reading the Pioneer Woman chronicles from her first post as well! I just “found” her about a month ago and I want to BE her!
It started with my obsession over The Lodge posts, then I read all her posts of “Black Heels to Tractor Wheels” and now I had to go from the beginning and and read the whole darn thing. I’m glad to see I’m not the only one that crazy. ;)

Can You Stay for Dinner March 30, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Isn’t it the greatest? Honestly better than so many books I’ve read!

Rachel February 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Ha! I hate the sound of baby carrots, too! I’ll have to offer this post as proof to my husband that I’m not entirely crazy (at least not in this respect!). And at the moment, I’m reading your blog, though in reverse chronological order. Perhaps I’ll tackle the Pioneer Woman next :)

Rachel February 2, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Gah – I totally wrecked the italics there. Oh well.