S’Mores Pancakes with Marshmallow Sauce

by Andie Mitchell on March 26, 2011

Oh I’ve been meaning to ask you: What, pray tell, do you suggest I do when I’ve taken 58 photographs of the same stack of s’mores pancakes? Because, technically speaking, I can’t eat them.

Nope, no, really, I tried. Yeah, I agree, super unfortunate, buuut you know…

Anywho, just wanted to ask, because, well, I’ve got 58 photos of moist chocolate s’mores pancakes just dripping with marshmallow syrup, and I’m not entirely sure where to put them all. Gosh, you know how I hate to waste.

What’s that? You want to borrow some? Oh! That’s lovely. Here. No, seriously it’s my pleasure. I hope they serve you well.

Uh huh, yes, that’s right, they aren’t edible. Mmmhmm, yes. No, trust me, I tried licking them, it just ain’t the same.

Enjoy!

Oh, and one more thing: what do you, in your expert opinion, suggest I do with 37 glamour shots of a jar of almond butter? No, I know, some people call her thick but I say she’s verrry pretty, and—

Sure, that’s fine, get back to me.

Whole Wheat Chocolate Pancakes

Makes 8-10  3” pancakes

1/2 cup whole wheat flour

1/2 cup all purpose flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

2 tablespoons brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

3/4 cup milk (dairy or nondairy)

1 egg

3 tablespoons sour cream

1. In a large bowl, whisk the flours, baking powder, cocoa powder, brown sugar, and salt.

2. In a measuring cup or small bowl, whisk the egg into the milk. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Add the sour cream and give the batter one final stir.

3. Spoon a quarter cup of batter onto a griddle or skillet set over medium heat that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Flip after 3-4 minutes, just as you notice bubbles forming around the edges of each pancake, and cook 2 minutes more.

Marshmallow Sauce

(sauce recipe from Cooking for Isaiah by Silvana Nardone)

1 cup marshmallow Fluff

2 tablespoons boiling water

Stir Fluff and water together in a small bowl. Drizzle over pancakes.

Nutrition info for 1/3 of entire recipe (pancakes and sauce):

Calories: 370.8, Fat: 5.4g, Cholesterol: 77.3mg, Sodium: 68.8mg, Fiber: 4.2g, Sugars: 13.2g, Protein: 10g

Matt @ The Athlete's Plate March 26, 2011 at 11:59 am

Those look incredibly delicious.

Janice Harper March 26, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Put the pics for sale on a photo share site, freeze the pancakes, use as frisbees next time you and Daniel have a fight. By the time the cops arrive, they’ll have thawed out and they’ll never find the weapon.

Bee March 26, 2011 at 12:34 pm

OH MY GOODNESS. You’re my new hero. Again. These look absolutely DIVINE, and anything involving the food of angels (aka marshmallow FLUFF) is definitely worth drooling over. I don’t even like pancakes, but once I get my paws on some wheat flour you best bet I’ll be trying these out.

Lisa @ Thrive Style March 26, 2011 at 12:55 pm

These look amazing! What a great flavor combo, would totally make me happy at breakfast time :)

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean March 26, 2011 at 1:29 pm

you = genius. that’s all.

Kelly March 26, 2011 at 1:37 pm

My husband would kill for these!!!

MelissaNibbles March 26, 2011 at 1:43 pm

I would eat these for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Oh please, I’d just eat the fluff.

Sara March 26, 2011 at 3:36 pm

love the new blog layout!! so elegant and simple! and these pancakes look divine :)
i look forward to reading more about your hunger challenge as well!

cleaneatingchelsey March 26, 2011 at 6:22 pm

This was probably the funniest post I’ve read all day.

eatspinlive March 26, 2011 at 7:15 pm

These look SO amazing! :)

Can You Stay for Dinner March 26, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Thanks Amanda!!

Evan Thomas March 26, 2011 at 7:20 pm

I’m so happy with the use of Fluff in this recipe.

Can You Stay for Dinner March 26, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Knew you’d approve, Evan :)

johnny March 27, 2011 at 9:21 am

I too love the changes to the layout. I have to admit that the pancakes look great but wouldn’t dare try them so will be happy with drooling over the pictures.

Kate (What Kate is Cooking) March 27, 2011 at 1:08 pm

These look amazing! I am a huge pancake fan. I’ve never thought of putting marshmallow on them- such a good idea!

Autumn @ Good Eats Girl March 27, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Oh, wow! These look seriously amazing! I wish I would have seen this before breakfast this morning!

Frieda March 27, 2011 at 3:32 pm

:D tried to redo one of your recipes (chocolate chip cookies) but it is kind of difficult with the measurements. I need to get some of those cup/spoon etc that you Americans use (because then I want to try those pancakes!). Maybe than it will work out right away, without me experimenting for “hours” till it looks fine ^^

Nicole March 27, 2011 at 4:59 pm

GASP! Those look SO good!

Linda @ Lemon Drop March 27, 2011 at 6:17 pm

2 words – YES PLEASE !!!!!

Clarissa @ Sober and the City March 28, 2011 at 12:37 pm

These look so awesome! Also – (belated)I’m liking the new look of your blog! Love the added nutritional facts too! or maybe I just never saw them before!

joanna March 31, 2011 at 8:08 am

LOVE these! Just made this morning and my girls were so excited; they love marshmallows! Thank you for the great recipes :)

Can You Stay for Dinner March 31, 2011 at 8:26 am

Thanks so much Joanna! I’m happy you and your girls loved them :)

LizAshlee June 17, 2011 at 6:59 pm

What a perfect way to start any day, especially Friday!!

Happy weekend…hope you’re enjoying your new home!

LizAshlee
twitter.com/lizashleeblog

Jenn July 9, 2011 at 9:17 pm

I have never ever heard of marshmallow sauce on pancakes! Your photos turned out amazing!

Hannah at FleurDeLicious July 10, 2011 at 2:07 pm

These look uh-maz-ing. I think I could even bribe my boyfriend into doing the grocery shopping if I offered to make these…

Kara July 14, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I am making these this weekend. I can’t wait.

I Love Coffee Mugs August 24, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Smore pancakes…who’d dreamed it possible. Amazong.

Leslie September 15, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Do you know how many carbs these contain? I am on WW and I’m not sure it will calculate correctly without that. Thanks!

Dee November 28, 2011 at 9:08 am

Just slap me twice. Those look AMAZING!

Ashley January 3, 2012 at 6:02 pm

These look amazing! I want to try these so bad!!! I just have one question, the nutrition facts you listed at the bottom, its missing how many grams of carbs are in them? Do you happen to know this? I’m trying to figure out how many points they are =)

Courtney January 4, 2012 at 10:31 pm

This is possibly the best recipe idea EVER.

Amy January 21, 2012 at 3:18 pm

I am so glad I found your blog. I was just wondering, when you post yummy looking desert and breakfast recipes, if they are good for watching what you eat. I mean I would love to try these but like do you eat this stuff now that you lost all that weight (great job by the way! I am amazed at looking at your photos and reading your stories) and are trying to keep it off? I’m just curious, I’m not trying to be nosy or rude or anything of the sort.

jen myers January 29, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Also needing the carb info for WW. Points Plus information! Thank you! They look delicious!

JLS April 20, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I also would love to know how many carbs this contains for WW calculation purposes :-)

Angela April 20, 2012 at 4:47 pm

These were seriously the best pancakes I have ever made! The texture was amazing; SO fluffy! I think I might use dutch process cocoa next time to get a more rich chocolate flavor. Delish!

Jordan June 7, 2012 at 6:50 pm

For everyone asking about carbs… why don’t you just look up the amount of carbs in each ingredient and do the math by the measurements of each used? Then divide by 3 for the number of carbs in the serving :)

THOSE LOOK AMAZING!

Heather June 13, 2012 at 10:19 am

I would love to know the carbs number also so I’ll know if it fits into my WW points. They look so yummy! Delicious looking pictures!!

Beverly June 17, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Oh these look divine! I am going to make them on a splurge weekend because to be honest I’m pretty sure a jar of fluff within a mile of me would be gone even without the pancakes. LOL

This is one of those slightly healthier “treat” recipes I’m keeping! Love your blog! I “Pintrest” you often! LOL

coni otto August 9, 2012 at 6:47 pm

where do you get marshmellow fluff?

The 36th AVENUE August 10, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Oh my goodness!
They look so darn good…
Thank you for the recipe!

Marissa October 8, 2012 at 7:38 pm

I made these this morning, completely non-dairy btw, and they were delicious! I substituted the sour cream for half of a medium sized ripe banana & used egg whites. I also added a teaspoon of vanilla extract, used about a tbs & a half of flax seed meal, & used some unsweetened vanilla & chocolate almond milk. :) The batter came out to be a little on the thick side, so I added more liquids accordingly. They were perfect! Fluffy & not-too-chocolatey. Thanks!

Gloria March 30, 2013 at 10:43 am

Hello

How can the 1/3 of the recipe be 370 if 1 cup of fluff is 640 calories plus all the other ingredients you are looking at 480 calories per serving (1/3 serving). I was going to make this right now and thank the Lord that I decided to check the calories because I would had went over board. The calories for the pancake batter total is 800 calories plus 1 cup of fluff (16 tbsp @40 calories) is 640 which bring it to 480 per serving 1/3. Just wanted to point that out to anyone watching their calorie intake. I am going to make them now with less sauce.

Andie March 30, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Hi Gloria,

Your numbers aren’t the same as mine because I think you’re calculations are off: one cup of Fluff does indeed have 320 calories (2 tablespoons of Fluff is 40 calories and there are 16 tablespoons in a cup, but you wouldn’t multiply 40 by 16 to get the number of total calories in the cup, you’d multiply it by 8 because we’re already accounting for 2 tablespoons. So, 40×8=320).

GLORIA ESPINOSA March 30, 2013 at 7:07 pm

OMG..I should slap myself. I did not notice that 40 calories is indeed for 2 tbsp and not one. Just ran to the kitchen and looked at the jar. I do aoologize. The pancakes came out delicious and moist. My son and husband loved them. I am going to make a batch, cook them and freeze them for a quick breakfast/dessert. Your blog is awesome. Love all the pics and recipes. Thanks!!!

Erin April 10, 2013 at 10:09 pm

No graham crackers?? Still giving them a shot!!

Andie April 10, 2013 at 10:48 pm

I know! You’re right; I should find a way to work them in :)