Vegan Black Bean Burgers
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peppers (any color)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add your onions, carrots, and peppers. Saute for 4-5 minutes, until softened. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add the ketchup, mustard, cumin, chili powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Remove vegetables from heat and set aside to cool. Once they’re cool enough to handle, place the vegetables into a food processor with the black beans and bread crumbs and pulse a few times to combine.
- Form the mixture into two large patties. Place them on a foil-lined baking sheet coated lightly with oil and bake for 15 minutes at 450°. The burgers will hold together, but they’ll always be slightly mushy and have a tendency to crumble if handled too much. Just place them on a bun using a spatula and garnish with your favorite burger toppings.
Nutrition Information: Calories 204, Fat 6g, Carb 32g, Fiber 7g, Sugars 6g, Protein 8g