NYTimes Photographer Andrew Scrivani Shares More Tips for Food Photography

by Andie Mitchell on June 15, 2011

5409183035_0060f845f9

Food photographer for the New York Times, Andrew Scrivani, shares 15 more of his essential tips for making photographs mouth-watering . 5409182019_0e677c14b4

5409794892_7b4db6c3f4

Click here to learn how to make rainbow tie dye cupcakes!

Johnny June 16, 2011 at 1:54 am

As they say..”You eat with your eyes first”! :)

The Teenage Taste June 16, 2011 at 4:21 am

I’m loving all of these photography tips! Thanks for sharing!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat June 16, 2011 at 5:11 am

I’m bookmarking all of these posts Andie! And I’m strongly considering changing my desktop wallpaper to a tie dye cupcake photo!

Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) June 16, 2011 at 7:42 am

Thanks for sharing all of the photography tips :)

Cari June 16, 2011 at 7:57 am

Am I the only one getting prompted for a username and password when I try to click on the 15 tips?

I made the rainbow cupcakes for a friend from this recipe. She loved them tremendously.

Gina June 16, 2011 at 9:30 am

My gosh…the knife cutting through the cupcake is so dramatic, I LOVE IT!

Hillary June 16, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Great stuff! Thanks for the link (and making me crave cupcakes)!

Rachel - Season With Love June 16, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Ooh I’ve been wanting to try rainbow cupcakes for a while now. I wonder if I can pass them off as Fathers Day cupcakes?!

Mary @ Fervent Foodie June 16, 2011 at 7:31 pm

I am seriously lacking some cupcakes in my life…

Rachel @healthy_chicks June 19, 2011 at 10:31 am

Thanks for sharing these tips. I always admire the beautiful photos on your website, and find it fascinating how you can make food look so gorgeous. It’s definitely a talent my dear, and you master it to a t.

I often struggle with making what I think is a delicious meal look good on paper. Take guacamole for example, or eggplant parmesan. It can taste like heaven, but often looks like mush in a photo (at least when I’m behind the camera haha).

So thank you again for sharing, and keep up with your beautiful writing and photographs. Have a happy Sunday!