6 Best Summer Salad Dressings

by Andie Mitchell on June 26, 2011

pappardelle-with-ricotta-and-mint-14

Listen, if someone told you salads were lame…

boring…

too healthy…

they were lying.

I’ll tell you why:

my salads are cool and sexy and so lusty your mouth will water.

hunger challenge 3.21.11 072

Dressed to kill.

The kind of lively greens you just want to be around.

The life of the party.

hunger challenge 3.21.11 121

Here are six dressings that will change your mind about vegetables.

You know I wouldn’t *lie.

steak couscous 116

*Except sometimes I do.

Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette on FoodistaRaspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
Maple Bacon Vinaigrette on FoodistaMaple Bacon Vinaigrette
Lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette on FoodistaLemon Parmesan Vinaigrette
Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette on FoodistaCilantro Lime Vinaigrette
Asian Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette on FoodistaAsian Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette
Classic French Dijon Vinaigrette on FoodistaClassic French Dijon Vinaigrette

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg June 29, 2011 at 4:12 am

As I said yesterday…these all look MUCH better than fat-free Italian :-) The dressing really does make the salad!

Stephanie @cookinfanatic June 29, 2011 at 4:45 am

I am loving the salad theme this week! All of these dressings sound just wonderful!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat June 29, 2011 at 5:11 am

Oooh thanks for all of these dressing recipes Andie! I love making up my own and they’ve given me some great ideas! I agree with you… salads are super sexy! :)

Claire June 29, 2011 at 5:26 am

You had me at Cilantro Lime. Anything with a southwestern flair draws me in like a chip to salsa.

And if I weren’t vegetarian, I’d ALL OVER the Maple Bacon. Wow.

Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy June 29, 2011 at 5:57 am

Salads ARE sexy. But not so much when they’re naked and undressed. Ironic, no?

Karriann Graf June 29, 2011 at 6:02 am

What a great list! Thanks for sharing!

Leah @ Why Deprive? June 29, 2011 at 9:22 am

Funny you should post this. Just yesterday when someone commented on my salads for lunch being boring, I said they clearly were making theirs wrong, because a salad is NOT boring at all. I get very excited about mine.

Paige June 29, 2011 at 10:46 am

Yum! Some great ones to try here, looks like!

A favorite of mine is tahini, lemon juice, garlic, s+p and a little water to make it the right consistency. So good!

Kerry @ Newlywedcooks June 29, 2011 at 1:16 pm

My favorite salad dressing is French. It’s kind of strange, and definitely a little too vibrant orange for me… but I can’t get enough of it. deeeeelicious.

also, that 2nd salad picture makes me drool. it looks so incredibly flavorful!

Melissa June 29, 2011 at 4:28 pm

I’ve been loving the “hummy mustard” dressing from Heather Eats Almond Butter. It’s basically hummus, mustard and water. Delicious and light and easy to adapt to your own taste buds.

Elina (Healthy and Sane) June 29, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Salads can definitely be sexy and good mix-ins and dressings make all the difference! You gotta keep ‘em fun and fresh :)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape June 29, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Mmm, all of these sound amazing!!! Off to click through them…

HootieMcBoob June 30, 2011 at 5:31 am

Do you have recipes for the first two salads pictured? They look fantastic! Can they be found on Foodista?

AllieNic @Frisky Lemon July 1, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Love, love, LURVE your salad pics! I’m really into salads right now too–It’s so much fun to make a beautiful, filling, crazy salad!

I have to admit, I don’t usually use dressing…mostly because I don’t like the ingredients in most of the store brands. I’m definitely going to check out these recipes. Thanks for sharing!

Halley July 2, 2011 at 12:07 am

Cool! I’ve been wondering how to make salads appetizing… I’ve been failing miserably.

Thanks Andie

Leigh August 23, 2011 at 9:30 am

I would love to find the recipe for the gorgeous salads shown here to serve at my next dinner party this weekend (especially the red cabbage/carrot/pea salad). If you could please help direct me to the recipe, I know my guests would adore it :) Love your site !!!

Dea August 24, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Great post, all the dressings sound amazing. One thing though-for the classic french dijon vinaigrette, what is the measurement for the white wine vinegar? It is cut off on the foodista page. Thanks!