4 Best Uses for Flatbread

by Andie Mitchell on July 12, 2011

If you think of any more delicious ways to use flatbread, let me know.

baked falafel lemon tahini sauce

Baked Falafel Sandwich with Lemon Tahini Sauce

baked falafel lemon tahini sauce

Mediterranean Lemon Chicken Gyro with Tzatziki and Feta

Mediterranean Lemon Chicken Gyro with Tzatziki and Feta

falafel, souvlaki, BLT 082

Crispy Garlic and Ginger Tofu

Crispy Garlic and Ginger Tofu

Crispy Garlic and Ginger Tofu

BLT pizza

BLTizza

falafel, souvlaki, BLT 136

denalee July 12, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Yummy! All the stores I have searched in Seattle don’t seem to carry the brand that looks like your pics. Do you make your own or do you have a local store that sells these? I am willing to drive within a 200 mile radius to score these puppies…….

Halley July 13, 2011 at 1:11 am

Agreed those flatbreads look fantastic!

I can’t wait to try the falafel one.

Johnny July 13, 2011 at 3:00 am

I’ve got to get back to making flatbread. It’s soooo easy! In the time it takes to find the right store you could have already found the recipe you like and be making your own any time you want them!! I have soft pliable flatbread every time and I can adjust the size to what I’m doing. Try it,you’ll find success is easier than you think. (not only that but you’ll know what’s in it) :)
Andie those wraps look faanntastic!!!

Ellen Renee July 13, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Johnny – do you care to share the recipe you use? I am not a bread maker but would be willing to give it a shot if I could enjoy Andie’s yummy recipes

Lauren at Keep It Sweet July 13, 2011 at 3:23 am

That flatbread just looks so good, I don’t care what is on it!

Lee July 13, 2011 at 4:51 am

Ok. This is just getting strange. I *just* made something very similar to the lemon chicken last night! And I was going to do traditional fried falafel this week too but maybe I’ll give your baked ones a whirl. Thanks!

Claire July 13, 2011 at 5:11 am

Crispy garlic and ginger tofu. Can I eat that through this laptop screen?

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat July 13, 2011 at 5:14 am

Yummm I love your flatbread recipes! When I lived in the Middle East, we’d always get shawarmas on flatbread and they were so much more delicious than some of the ones I’ve had since returning to Canada. I’m thinking it must be something magical about the sauce!

Carissa July 13, 2011 at 6:57 am

Oh my goodness. I’m so hungry for a good flatbread now! I love their consistency – so doughy but still firm.

Krystina (Organically Me) July 13, 2011 at 7:13 am

Your falafel are what made me fall in love with the blog. Deeeelicious.

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite July 13, 2011 at 8:25 am

Yes please…to all of the above :)

Gina July 13, 2011 at 8:38 am

Trader Joe’s just started carrying really great flatbreads!

Bee July 13, 2011 at 9:31 am

Oh good! The falafel was on my to-cook list before my hiatus and now that that’s over I was going to go digging in your posts to find it again. Thanks for posting it again! :)

Sharon July 13, 2011 at 10:47 am

I like topping whole wheat flatbread with a schmear of hummus and a bunch of roasted veggies (onions, pepper, zucchini and broccoli is my favorite combo).

Also, a ladle of pasta sauce on a pita and an over-easy egg smiling up at me in the middle. The broken yolk mixed in with the sauce is soooo good.

Rebecca @ How the Cookies Crumble July 13, 2011 at 11:49 am

Those all look like awesome options. Since going gluten-free I miss a soft tasty flat bread. I really miss gyros!

Kristie July 13, 2011 at 1:05 pm

That looks like some of the freshest, most doughy pita bread I’ve ever seen. Gimme one of those falafel wrappers please and huge thank yous!

Kate (What Kate is Cooking) July 13, 2011 at 1:28 pm

These all look so delicious! I need some flatbread in my life ASAP.

Alexa @ Simple Eats July 13, 2011 at 2:24 pm

I love flatbread. Nothing compares to warm doughy bread. Especially one with chicken and feta in it. I need to try these!

Ellen Renee July 13, 2011 at 4:10 pm

UGGGHHH you are killing me! :o) When you posted these recipes the 1st time they made me soooo hungry. I have looked everywhere for a flatbread that looks as delicious as the ones you use – no luck. Even went to Evansville Ind – an hour away and the closest “city” to me and looked at many stores. I guess I need to do some research on making my own.

Rivki Locker (Ordinary Blogger) July 13, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Great uses for flatbreads! Here’s another favorite of mine: guacamole, roasted pepper or tomato, and refried beans.

Rachel July 13, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Ooh love flatbread and love chicken gyros! I never thought about making pizzas with it – great idea!

Hayley July 14, 2011 at 7:38 am

bbq chicken flatbread pizza!

flatbread
bbq sauce
leftover chicken
pineapple chunks
cheese

YUM!

Rachel @healthy_chicks July 14, 2011 at 8:22 am

Wow, this looks delicious (and gorgeous)! You should open your own restaurant. I LOVE LOVE LOVE falafel or everything Mediterranean on that note. I’ve never attempted to make my own, but hey, there is a first for everything. Thanks for sharing Andie!

Kelli July 14, 2011 at 9:20 am

I was skeptical about the baked falafel but it turned out wonderful. Even the husband said he much prefers to the baked to the fried. We’ve got a new go to in our home! Thanks!

Shawna July 14, 2011 at 9:48 am