3 Best Canned Tuna Recipes

by Andie Mitchell on August 3, 2011

tuna cake

I’ll never turn my back on canned white tuna.

No matter how *gourmet I go.

No matter how *fancy my pants.

No matter how many foods I snub.

*not very

It’s salty and flaky and delicious simply mixed with scallions, garlic, and sour cream. Here are my three favorite canned tuna creations:

tuna rangoon

1. Baked Tuna Rangoon

tuna rangoon

tuna burger

2. Lemon Garlic Tuna Burgers

tuna noodle casserole

3. Tuna Noodle Casserole

tuna noodle casserole

tuna fish (3)

Johnny August 4, 2011 at 2:32 am

Simply loved your Tuna Ragoons. My favorite is just a simple Tuna salad sandwich. Tuna by itself is delicious. My Mom made Tuna cassarole with crackers crumbled on top and that was simply the best comfort food. Tuna always makes me feel comfort, there is simply nothing else needed!

debbie October 16, 2012 at 9:27 am

need a tuna casserole recipe

Johnny August 4, 2011 at 2:33 am

Oh and the goose bumps haven’t yet gone away about the book deal!!!

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh August 4, 2011 at 5:02 am

I love tuna fish as well and consider it a highlight lunch when I have it once a week. That tuna noodle casserole just looks homey, wonderful and gets me in the mood for Fall!

Mary @ Fervent Foodie August 4, 2011 at 5:22 am

Mmmm those tuna rangoons look good! I’m always looking for uses for wonton wrappers :)

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat August 4, 2011 at 5:27 am

Oooh yummy! I could eat tuna straight out of the can – that’s how deep my love for it runs! I LOVE that photo of your tuna burgers… makes me crave one every time!

Riss August 4, 2011 at 5:39 am

Sometimes it’s the simplest things that make the best meals. Love going back to the basics.

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat August 4, 2011 at 8:41 am

Major tuna craving now… thanks a lot! ;) These all look amazing!

Ellen @ Black & White & Loved All Over August 4, 2011 at 8:42 am

oh yay! I want to try them all. I love canned tuna too.

Jess-The SemiAbnormal Gal August 4, 2011 at 9:25 am

Amen. Go in (tuna) peace.

Natalie S. August 4, 2011 at 9:35 am

I can vouch for those lemon garlic tuna burgers! So delicious, and totally affordable, even for a college student on a budget :)

Gina August 4, 2011 at 10:14 am

I made your tuna burgers a couple of weeks ago and they were fantastic! One of my favorite ways to eat tuna is mixed with hummus over salad:)

Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic August 4, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I love canned tuna too. Scallions, garlic and sour cream?? I haven’t tried that but will definitely do soon! I sometimes just sautee a can of tuna with garlic, olive oil and chili pepper flakes, then top some steamed broccoli with it plus a fried egg. It’s a cheap, simple and healthy dinner option for me.

The Teenage Taste August 4, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Jeez, it’s like you read my mind! Yesterday I made a promise to myself that I would clean out my fridge and pantry and cut back on groceries. My pantry is stocked with cans of tuna. I’m bookmarking the recipe for those Tuna Burgers. :-)

Stacy August 4, 2011 at 12:59 pm

awesome! i’ve been thinking about canned tuna all day!

Tanya @ Sunday Baker August 4, 2011 at 1:10 pm

I just love you for this post alone! Big canned (actually I prefer the new vacuum-sealed packaged) tuna fan here, no matter how uncool the food world says it is. Your recipes look so good!

Amy @ What Jew Wanna Eat August 4, 2011 at 1:24 pm

I love canned tuna! When I am feeling fancy, I get the canned salmon. It also makes a tasty burger!

Rachel @healthy_chicks August 4, 2011 at 2:15 pm

I heart canned tuna as well. I love making tuna noodle casseroles, particuarly “Tuna Roni” a childhood favorite with pasta, mayo, dill, pickles & other goodness.

The tuna burgers look phenomenal – I must try!

Stephanie August 4, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Those burgers look awesome! I ‘pinned’ them and will be making them soon!

Rivki Locker (Ordinary Blogger) August 4, 2011 at 7:50 pm

My kids’ FAVORITE dinner in the world is tuna casserole. Glad you included it in your top three!

Halley August 5, 2011 at 1:53 am

Yay! The canned tuna in NZ is not as good – weird, right? Can’t wait for an American tuna sandwich!!

Sarah@The Flying ONION August 5, 2011 at 4:54 am

I am such a canned tuna gal. There, I said it. And I’m completely with you on never turning my back on it. There are too many delicious tuna recipes.

I can’t wait to try out your tuna noodle casserole. It looks like a dish of creamy perfection. :D

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods August 7, 2011 at 5:21 pm

Each of these recipes looks delicious! Yum!

Bee August 7, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Hey lady! Love the tuna recipes, I seriously need to try that cassorole!

Just wanted to let you know I awarded you a silly little award thing. Visit my blog if you wanna pick it up :)

Rachel Pringle August 9, 2011 at 9:42 pm

I love canned fish too and your recipes using canned tuna are delicious, but most tuna is greatly over-fished. I really recommend switching to a more sustainable provider than Bumblebee, which contributes to overfishing of albacore. Plus, their most common method of catching tuna – longline – results in a lot of bycatch: turtles, dolphins and other marine life. Tuna caught in longlines also have high mercury levels–so high that pregnant women are advised against eating canned tuna.

Sadly, there really aren’t “plenty more fish in the sea.” I recommend switching to canned Alaskan wild salmon (which is inexpensive at Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods) or more sustainable tuna, such as Wild Planet’s.

M.K. January 17, 2012 at 8:18 am

Mmmmm I love canned tuna. SO glad to see this post. :) I’ll be making all three of these soon. Good thing my husband loves tuna as much as I do!!!

Healthy Recipes for Dinner March 3, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Great goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff prior to and you’re simply too great. I actually like what you’ve got right here, really like what you’re saying and the best way wherein you assert it. You’re making it enjoyable and you continue to take care of to keep it wise. I can’t wait to learn far more from you. This is really a terrific web site.

Michele May 1, 2013 at 4:04 pm

Mm. Yummy!! My favorite way to eat tuna is a can mixed in a bowl of basic kraft mac n cheese my husband loves that too he just adda ketchup in it. Haha