Paella Party

paella_party-03

All I’ll tell you

is

I have the best friends in the world.

paella_party-07

And oh

goodness

do they have a way with sangria.

paella_party-02

paella_party-08

They really outdid themselves on Sunday.

paella_party-01

paella_party-04

paella_party-09

paella_party-06

Because oh

I’ve got a tender spot for tapas

paella_party-10

paella_party-11

and for bellies

paella_party-15

and simply tossed greens

paella_party-16

and bowls filled with rich saffron-scented rice

and mussels who’ll allow a peek,

and sweet, fennel-spiced sausage,

and plump shrimp,

and chicken that falls from its bone.

paella_party-17

and berries from farmers and their markets

and anything that involves boozing and whipping my cream.

Special thanks to my Foodista family for the best kind of celebration :)

Comments

1. Leslie says

Lovely on all sides! How about more info on the “way with Sangria”? Always looking for ways to improve my sangria!

2. says

There must be something in the air…I am on a paella kick too!!! And tortillas and patatas bravas…be still my castillian heart! Congrats again, chica!

3. says

Could you get your friends and family infuse my friends and family with the same culinary enthusiasm? Gotta love ’em but if it isn’t processed or loaded with crap, they’re not making it. That’s why I love slipping healthy things in on them and never telling them. 😉

4. says

what great pictures! so glad i found your blog today – i always love “meeting” fellow foodies : )

cheers!
    cailen

fyi – i unveiled my new cookbook, vegetables & vodka, on my blog today. it has healthy dinner recipes and low-cal cocktail recipes – and it’s FREE to download. hope you get the chance to check it out!

5. Sheri Wetherell says

Thanks for such a lovely post. You are SO very welcome! It was fun having you all over! We’ll have to do it again soon (to celebrate your first draft, perhaps???)

My baby girl’s belly sure does look delicious, doesn’t it?!
    XOXO

6. jenny says

I work in a kitchen and we make paella about once a month, but this looks so much better! must be the addition of friends and sangria :)

7. Michal says

Oh. Mah gosh. Alright. My confession: I’ve been catty. And jealous. Forgive me? And share with me the secret of how on earth you manage to stay so slim. Truly it defies some law of physics.

Trackbacks