Scenes from IFBC 2011 New Orleans

by Andie Mitchell on August 31, 2011

I’d say

that this past weekend at IFBC

was among the very

very

best of my life,

but I’m not convinced that quite captures how much I loved every

single

deep fried,

sweet southern

minute.

I felt engaged in each session.

I ate my (and your) fried food quota for at least 16 full weeks.

I “found” beads in the French Quarter.

I may have even [successfully?] guilted my dear friend, Andrew Scrivani, into photographing my second book, a cookbook.

I laughed and loved with dozens of friends.

I Bourboned more than one Street.

I danced and cocktailed and hurricaned til each morning came, hot and humid.

Made absolutely certain to publicly embarrass myself no less than 3 [three] unmentionable times.

Slept a combined ten hours in 5 days.

The International Food Blogger Conference New Orleans was

incredible.

Can’t wait for Santa Monica :)

Tina August 31, 2011 at 9:28 am

…and of course IFBC Miami 2012 ;) just sayin’! Fabulous to finally meet you! PS- IFBC was UH-mazing – great job!

Lisa @ The Cooking Bride August 31, 2011 at 9:32 am

Ha! It seems a lot of people are publishing their IFBC posts today! Loved, loved, loved every minute of last weekend and I CAN NOT thank you enough for giving me the opportunity to come. And I’m so glad I got to meet you!

After IFBC Miami, IFBC Memphis at the Peabody Hotel would also be a good choice in the future!

sarah August 31, 2011 at 9:33 am

When will you be in Santa Monica! I’d love to come and say hi!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape August 31, 2011 at 11:43 am

I may be late to this train, but–A Cookbook?! Very exciting!!! Already going on my wishlist! lol This conference sounds absolutely delightful. Glad you had such a great time!

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh August 31, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Love the pics! Looks like an awesome time…so jealous!

Alexa @ Simple Eats August 31, 2011 at 2:23 pm

This seems like such an awesome experience! I need/want to go next year!

Emily August 31, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Andie, you did an AMAZING job organizing this conference. I had an amazing weekend as well, and as you know, I was very excited to meet you! I posted the pic I snapped of you, me and Marissa in the recap I did on my blog. I’m so glad I was able to attend. I met some amazing people and came away with some great tips and ideas. I can’t wait until next year!

Andrew Scrivani August 31, 2011 at 7:31 pm

No guilt trip involved, whatsoever. I am excited about the possibility of working with Andie on her book. Judging by how exciting and well organized IFBC was on her watch, I am sure it will be amazing. You all need to come to Santa Monica.

Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) September 1, 2011 at 7:38 am

I’m so happy that you had such a great time! I can’t watch the video at work right now because I don’t have sound on my computer though :(

Can you please do a recipe about spinach and artichoke dip for me? It’s one of my favorite dishes to make and I’d love to see your take on it.

Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) September 1, 2011 at 7:40 am

I just realized its pictures not a video haha. Great pictures Andie!

Irene L. September 1, 2011 at 7:54 am

I want your job! Want to trade, how does being a 6th grade middle school math teacher in Brooklyn sound to you Andy?

jamie September 1, 2011 at 8:16 am

these pictures!
i wish there was a conference for us “just blog readers” to go and meet the people we follow everyday.
we feel left out :)

Liz @ Southern Charm September 1, 2011 at 11:42 am

Glad you had such a great time in my city! Sounds like and looks like you got all of the goods :)

Lara @ TresLaLa September 1, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Ack! You’re teasing us with a 2nd book, when we can’t yet have your 1st!

When is Santa Monica?

Kerry @ Newlywedcooks September 1, 2011 at 5:46 pm

I love the pictures, Andie! I wish I could have gone… maybe next year! :)

Megan (Braise The Roof) September 2, 2011 at 10:47 am

Awesome pictures- they totally take me back there! And all that food looks incredible. Did you manage to score a muffaletta when you were there? They’re my absolute favorite sandwich. :)

Lisa September 2, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Your posts make me feel like I was there with you…and your words make me remember how important it is to “follow bliss” in moments and do what I love in life.
Thank you!

bunkycooks September 4, 2011 at 5:26 am

The photos were great and a perfect reminder of a wonderful event! Thanks for putting everything together. We really had a great time meeting you and everyone that attended.