Bye, summer.

by Andie Mitchell on September 6, 2011

4939999767_c8f07ce2e1_o

Later hot dogs.

4940138395_766a867421_o

Burgers, as always, it has been real.

paella_party-01

Berries, you stay innocent.

IMG_0343

White pants, gosh this is never easy.

paella_party-03

Sangria, you stick around for a bit.

Patricia September 7, 2011 at 12:18 am

I’m sure you’ve got a tender spot in your heart for Autumn. To what will you be saying hello?

Johnny September 7, 2011 at 2:24 am

I agree with Patricia, saying goodbye cannot be pondered for long, we must say hello to something wonderful! :)

Kathleen September 7, 2011 at 3:19 am

I’m just thinking how amazing you look in white pants! ;D I haven’t been able to go there yet—perhaps NEXT summer!

Julie @SavvyEats September 7, 2011 at 4:40 am

While I will miss berry season I am very excited for autumn…my favorite time of the year!

Ana Maria September 7, 2011 at 6:48 am

cute :)

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods September 7, 2011 at 7:01 am

How is it possible that summer is nearly over? This is nuts! I have not eaten nearly enough summer tomatoes or corn or berries. Ack!

Stacy September 7, 2011 at 8:41 am

Is that a Skillet burger? Mmm… so hungry all of a sudden.

Berries are what I’ll miss most as we head into fall. Unlike most other fruits, it’s impossible to find decent berries out of season. Oh, blueberries, our time together is always so short.

Gina September 7, 2011 at 8:57 am

Thank goodness Seattle is behind in seasons this year! I’m ready for the beach this week:)

Lara @ TresLaLa September 7, 2011 at 9:27 am

Now I want a burger, paired with Sangria and berries for dessert, all while wearing white pants, and trying not to spill…

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh September 7, 2011 at 9:53 am

*Kicks lemonade, hot dogs, kebobs and fruit salads to the curb*

Helloooo apple cider, pumpkin bread, chili (cooking the first of the season tonight baby!), turkey and mashed potatoes, meatloaf and all of the loverliness that is FALL!!!!

*attempts cartwheel but fails miserably*

Joy September 7, 2011 at 10:58 am

I’m already mourning the berries, too…but surely burgers and sangria can hang out in autumn! Then again, I am a Los Angeles native…

Jules September 7, 2011 at 12:56 pm

HaHa – I died laughing at the Sangria bit :) I wholeheartedly agree!
Though lets not forget looking forward to mulled wine when those chilly evenings arise here come fall! And who doesn’t love ANYTHING with butternut squash?!?

Sarah@The Flying ONION September 7, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Sigh. Goodbye, summer. It’s always such a bittersweet moment. As much as I love all things autumn, I’m going to miss watermelon and fresh peaches and walking around the yard in my bare feet. And all those lovely things you mentioned too. :D

Amy B @ Second City Randomness September 8, 2011 at 4:14 am

he he he… Sangria is a year-round one for me. Because it’s not fair that EVERYTHING has to go… :p

Kelly @ Free Spirit Food September 8, 2011 at 6:13 am

Ha! I am keeping the white pants going too. I don’t care!

Claire September 8, 2011 at 6:58 am

Sangria is appropriate at any time of year.

Jessica September 8, 2011 at 7:51 am

I’m holding out on my goodbye to summer for now. I loooooove fall but let’s be real here. Seattle summer was really late and now we get 80′s? Summer is sticking around for me for at least another week or two. I will love it until it is gone and then I am fully into fall mode (although the thought of new pens and notebooks and kids with backpacks is so alluring). And yes, sangria is appropriate at any time of year. Glad we agree on that!

Lisa September 8, 2011 at 1:41 pm

My sentiments exactly—great reflection before moving forward into fall!

Karriann Graf September 9, 2011 at 6:42 am

Officially almost, end of summer! Great pictures, happy Eating!

Carissa September 9, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Amen to keeping sangria around! That’s totally an all season beverage!

Euniece[innerpeacehealthytreats&runningfeet] September 11, 2011 at 7:25 am

so sad but true. until next year white pants! but hello knee high boots, scarves, red leaves, crisp air, and PUMPKIN spice coffee <3