Grape jelly.

by Andie Mitchell on September 7, 2011

grape jelly (2)

I promise that come Friday, all will be right and good and pure and sensible in the world. I may become one or more of those things, even.

But today,

let’s have a nice long look at the sexiest picture of jelly I’ve ever taken.*

grape jelly (1)

*And I’ve taken a lot.

Wendy September 8, 2011 at 1:59 am

Hi Andie – I happened to come across your site a couple of weeks ago and have to admit that I am pretty much hooked now. Your recipes are fab (have tried a few; your photos are great but most of all your writing is wonderful!

By the way here in South Africa we would call this ‘Grape Jam’ and what you call ‘jello’ – we call jelly!

Oh and an exta by the way …. summer is starting here!!

The Café Sucré Farine September 8, 2011 at 4:25 am

these photos are gorgeous!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat September 8, 2011 at 4:59 am

ooooh beautifully sexy jelly!! you definitely caught it’s good side! ;)

Rivki Locker September 8, 2011 at 5:03 am

Never knew jelly could be so pretty!

Nelly Rodriguez September 8, 2011 at 5:59 am

Gorgeous :) Sexy indeed!

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh September 8, 2011 at 6:10 am

Oh grape jelly…you seductive beast!

Rachel @ Not Rachael Ray September 8, 2011 at 6:13 am

Yup, you nailed it! Totally sexy :)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape September 8, 2011 at 7:54 am

After I read this all I could think of is: I don’t think you’re ready for this jellyyyy!! lol Old school Destiny’s Child. Gotta love it.

Evan Thomas September 8, 2011 at 8:24 am

Oh gosh, that jelly is definitely sexy.

Lisa September 8, 2011 at 10:28 am

Very sexy!

Lea @ Healthy Coconut September 8, 2011 at 10:42 am

bright burgundy colors and sexy indeed :)

Lisa September 8, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Totally sexy Jelly you’ve got there…

Melissa E September 8, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Eek, my RSS feed hasn’t been telling me when you post new posts. That seems awfully mean. My RSS feed is absolutely grounded.

Lovely the jelly pics. I remember singing about grape jelly as a young one but I don’t think I’ve ever actually tasted it. Shocking but I feel alright about it at the moment ’cause I just finished making the best bruschetta from scratch. Mmm, yummilicious.

Hope the writing is going swimmingly!

Johnny September 9, 2011 at 2:25 am

OHHHHH! Grape Jelly is my no. 1 favorite jelly! Never saw it as being sexy before this, those pics are indeed sexy! :)

Txtingmrdarcy September 9, 2011 at 11:24 am

Oh dear. It’s good that there wasn’t peanut butter involved, or these pictures would be just plain indecent.

Now where is my fainting couch?! I feel the vapors coming on.

Liz @ Southern Charm September 9, 2011 at 11:26 am

Wow! You killed it with the photos :)

Megan (Braise The Roof) September 9, 2011 at 11:26 am

Haha, I can only think of two things right now:

1. This: http://www.hulu.com/watch/50397/family-guy-its-peanut-butter-jelly-time

2. This is what would happen if Beyonce was a photographer.

;)

The Decor Girl September 9, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Whoa, before I even got to the bottom of your post I could taste the jelly on the screen. That was a really great pic! Nice work. Now stop, I’m trying to wean myself off sweets for a while. :)

Jacqueline September 9, 2011 at 10:32 pm

Looks so fabulous. I would love to try some right now on some great toast. Beautiful pics.

Riss September 10, 2011 at 7:37 am

Dearest Andie, I’ve stayed away for too long! School and the fall semester has consumed my time… but I’m so delighted that I took the time to stop by this morning. Still loving your blog, your sweet precise words, your unparalleled perspective, and your lovely pictures… and I’m more excited than ever about your book deal.

I shan’t wait so long before stopping by for another visit!

Brook - Learn to Preserve September 11, 2011 at 10:52 am

You’ve been a very busy girl Andie.
If you ever have some spare time , how about taking a walk with me in one of our beautiful Pacific Northwest forests? We can forage for some Wild Oregon Grapes and then we’ll do more “wild preserving”, turning them into Oregon Grape Jelly. (Remember how much fun the Pickled Fiddleheads were? Huh?)
Then I can look forward to you taking a photo of the sexiest WILDEST grape jelly ever!
XO

Hannah September 15, 2011 at 5:15 am

Made this last night for 6 people and it was a hit! Even the 7 year old ate ALL her vegetables and wanted more chicken! :) Perfect recipe, and I’m making it again next week… Great way to get veggies in… Since it didn’t give servings, I added a little water and a tad more cornstarch, and it turned out wonderful!