Rattlesnake Mountain: North Bend, WA

rattlesnake_mountain-12

rattlesnake_mountain-05

rattlesnake_mountain-03

rattlesnake_mountain-08

I live here.

L - Tossed Salads and Scrambled Eggs September 13, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Summer’s last hurrah! Beautiful photos, as always. Revitalising to be in nature, and so close to home.

Lara @TresLaLa September 13, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Great pictures! Although the scenic ones are awesome, I *especially* like the sign of the guy falling off the cliff. Yep, I’m weird like that.

Beth (i run like a girl) September 13, 2011 at 8:37 pm

I’ve BEEN THERE! I love when this happens — random memories of places I know and love showing up where I least expect them. Your photos made my night. :)

JJ September 13, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Sigh. So beautiful. Hiking is what I live for….but I live in flat prairie! We’ve got our share of beauty to see, but my summer mountain affair has come to an end. Glad you still get to enjoy though!

Linda September 13, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Looks really lovely! Nice mountains. Here in Finland scenery is flat, so no mountains, but we have huge forest and small cute lakes.

Debra September 14, 2011 at 12:10 am

Ah yes. I remember hiking in Washington a few decades ago during those few choice non-gloomy months. Awesome! I’m a ex-Issaquahite. The other 9 months drove me out and over to Maui, where I no longer have to pop Prozac because of S.A.D. That being said, Seattle,the Puget Sound, and the Olympic and Cascade Mountains are hard to beat for those wonderful 3 months. Have you been to the San Juan Islands or Vancouver Island in Canada? A must not miss!

Johnny September 14, 2011 at 1:55 am

Ahh! God’s handiwork is always breathtaking. You’ve experienced both of God’s most spectacular places, the North East and North West. Enjoy!! :)

Lisa September 14, 2011 at 4:57 am

Beautiful!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat September 14, 2011 at 5:18 am

What an awesome place to live! The scenery is beautiful, as are the photos… the photographer has some crazy good skills! ;)

Andrea@WellnessNotes September 14, 2011 at 5:46 am

Gorgeous!!!

Jules September 14, 2011 at 5:59 am

insanely jealous… makes me miss my days in Colorado!

Carissa September 14, 2011 at 6:52 am

Gorgeous scenery! My hope is that I can move to the mountains in the next few years. Being surrounded by nature just makes me feel at peace.

Sophie @ LoveLiveAndLearn September 14, 2011 at 6:58 am

Beautiful.
You always take such stunning photos!
I love the way you can write such fantastic, lengthy posts and in between just post some gorgeous pictures and both posts are just as good :-)

Amber September 14, 2011 at 7:06 am

I was there last summer. Went to the falls, but didn’t hike. I wish I could go back because it was gorgeous!!! Thanks for the pics…brings back good memories

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh September 14, 2011 at 7:22 am

The hubby and I more and more are considering a trip out that way and it’s posts like this that keep convincing us it’s a good idea!

Any suggestions for people considering visiting the area?

Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) September 14, 2011 at 7:40 am

Isn’t it great to love and appreciate what you have in your own backyard? Sometimes I look at pictures from around the world of amazing things that *they* have… but then I realize there is so much beauty where I live (Canada)… I’m a couple hours away from the mountains… we live near beautiful lakes… :)

I read your previous post about writing a book (part 2) and I’m so happy for you. I really cannot wait to rush out and buy your book. I mean that sincerely <3

Cindy September 14, 2011 at 7:50 am

I live there too!

Thanks for the virtual breather!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jessica September 14, 2011 at 7:53 am

Ohhh! I don’t think we’ve done that one. I must check it out! Looks gorgeous.

Kristin September 14, 2011 at 8:35 am

I love that you can always tell when you’re in the NW. So much green… We’re getting the beginning of fall down here in Portland… Leaves are starting to change and fall and there’s been cloud cover all week. I camped out along the Wilson River in Tillamook over the weekend to get my last fill of summer in. Gorgeous pics Andie. :0)

Gina September 14, 2011 at 9:23 am

I love that trail! Last time we packed a picnic to consume at the Lake afterward, it was fantastic!

Andrea September 14, 2011 at 10:52 am

Beautiful pictures.

Lea @ Healthy Coconut September 14, 2011 at 11:17 am

Even though there is a “rattlesnake” in the word next to the mountain, I think I will still want to hike there. The views are gorgeous.

Do you have any recommendation on hiking shoes? I would love to buy my first pair of hiking shoes.

Stacy September 14, 2011 at 12:28 pm

I know this question wasn’t directed at me, but OH MY GOODNESS, buy a pair of Merrell hiking shoes if you’re planning to invest. They’re unrivaled, especially in terms of options for women. There are trail runner, light hiking, moderate hiking, and extreme hiking options. I own a pair of light and moderate level shoes, and they were the best investments.

Lisa September 14, 2011 at 11:36 am

Very nice! Thanks! I needed a mini vacation break.

Alissa September 14, 2011 at 11:41 am

I live in Sammamish and am so excited to do that hike! It looks beautiful. Hopefully the weather hasn’t turned chilly for good.

Stacy September 14, 2011 at 12:25 pm

One of the best places in the NW for a couple hours of hiking. If I were a trail runner, this would be my paradise! Rattlesnake Ridge is also PERFECT for hiking with dogs – they’re even [kind of] allowed off leash to swim in the lake.

My Rattlesnake experience was actually the only blog post I wrote in 2010! Apparently it made an impression :) http://peoplejustfloat.blogspot.com/2001/07/short-hikes-rattlesnake-ridge.html

Alexa @ Simple Eats September 14, 2011 at 3:15 pm

So I’m thinking I need to go to Washington…

Melissa E September 15, 2011 at 6:51 am

You live in a postcard?

;)

Melissa E September 15, 2011 at 6:55 am

You live in a postcard?

Amanda September 15, 2011 at 10:54 am

Oh, this makes me miss the pacific northwest…

Karriann Graf September 15, 2011 at 4:56 pm

Love the pictures, Happy Trailing!

Karriann Graf September 18, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Gorgeous!

Ingunn October 2, 2011 at 8:02 pm

One of my favorite close-to-home trails! Great photos.

ron coates April 4, 2012 at 4:11 am

me and my wife did this hike at night for our very first date.. we have since done 2 more night hikes there since on of them was for the first snow fall of this winter!!