Thinking about

by Andie Mitchell on September 15, 2011

IMG_6912_0860

402618628_fd2a492d05_edited-1

a trip to the Bay Area

golden gate photo by salim virji

Sarah September 15, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Oh, do it girl! Go eat some fabulous dim sum, crab and sourdough bread! And, of course, visit the Jessica McClintock outlet…because, every gal needs another homecoming dance dress, right? (SO not kidding!)

suki September 16, 2011 at 12:24 am

oooh, when? :)

Linda September 16, 2011 at 12:31 am

I just was in San Francisco and Napa Valley during the summer. City was lovely and Napa Valley fantastic. Definitely I’ll be visiting those again in the future.
I wish you’ll have nice trip to the Bay Area. :)

Johnny September 16, 2011 at 2:52 am

Happy Travels!! Have fun :)

Lauren at Keep It Sweet September 16, 2011 at 3:00 am

Foodbuzz festival perhaps???

Tracy September 16, 2011 at 3:35 am

That sounds amazing! You deserve it!

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh September 16, 2011 at 6:40 am

We were just there in May for our anniversary. I can make 4 food recommendations: Scoma’s (at Fisherman’s Wharf on Al Scoma Way. Get the Crab Cake Sandwich), Kara’s Cupcakes (Fleur De Sel cupcake…drool!), Paxti’s (Deep dish pizza…better than anything we had in Chicago) and Z & Y Restaurant (the Princess Chicken is like white meat, honey coated crack!)

If you go to Carmel by the Sea, Patisserie Boissiere Restaurant is wonderful and charming. Sorry. I could go on forever! LOL

Cassie September 16, 2011 at 7:25 am

As a resident of the bay area, I have SO many food recommendations. Someone mentioned Paxti’s for deep dish, but I have to say Zachary’s in Berkeley is better. It has a cult-like following around here for a reason. Also, Fenton’s Ice Creamery in Oakland (Have you seen the movie “Up”? Yeah. That Fenton’s.) They have a seasonal apple pie ice cream that will make you cry. Also, a lot of really good hiking trails for after all the pizza and ice cream! Also, lots of sunshine. I highly recommend the sunshine.

Stacy September 16, 2011 at 8:30 am

Seconded. All of what was just said here.

Kristen @ Chocolate Covered Kristen September 16, 2011 at 7:51 am

DO IT! …and let’s have lunch :-)

Leanne (Bride to Mrs.) September 16, 2011 at 7:52 am

……Canada? :)

Maissa September 16, 2011 at 8:20 am

Do it!! I just moved back here from Vancouver and it has been the best decision ever. I’m so madly in love with San Francisco! And so much amazing food, from the best vegan mexican eve (Gracias Madre) to salted caramel ice cream (Birite) to cupcakes with the PERFECT cream cheese frosting (miette).

Just do it. Trust me on this one.

Sarah September 16, 2011 at 8:32 am

YAY! I just moved from the East Bay to the North Bay (just past those hills in that picture there). That said, I have to agree with Cassie that Zachary’s in Berkeley has the best pizza around. Although SF will have anything your heart desires. Don’t leave without sourdough from Boudin’s on the Wharf. Hiking here is a-mazing, I recommend Pt Reyes or Muir Woods for more tourist-y (and GORGEOUS) hiking. Have a blast!

Stacy September 16, 2011 at 8:34 am

If you splurge on ANY food, you must (absolutely must must must!) go to Ike’s Place in the Castro for a sandwich. Their signature Dutch Crunch bread will main you swoon, and there are options for sandwiches that you have never even dreamed of! (http://ilikeikesplace.com/menu) The sammies are actually large enough for you to share with a (boy)friend or save the second half for dinner (or an afternoon snack). I’m moving back to the Bay from Seattle in November and Ike’s Place is one of the first eateries I’ll be visiting.

Gina September 16, 2011 at 9:18 am

I love the Bay Area…2 years living there was not enough! Mickey’s dad live in Sausalito, so I get pretty excited every time we get to go visit!

Rachel - Season With Love September 16, 2011 at 10:56 am

Ooh you have to go! We just went a few weeks ago and it’s so beautiful. I love San Francisco, and it has great food so how can you go wrong

Jen @ keepitsimplefoods September 16, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Sounds fun! Did you cut your hair? Super cute!

admin September 16, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Thanks Jen! No, didn’t cut it, just put it up for once :)

JenG September 16, 2011 at 1:47 pm

My husband proposed on a sunset sail under the bridge, on a charter service called the Adventure Cat, just about where the sailboat in your picture is! I love San Francisco and would love to go back! If you have the opportunity, go for it! There are so many things to see, do, and amazing places to eat.

anneliesz September 16, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Because the Bay Area is awesome this time of year. (Psst. Hardly Strictly Bluegrass *Free* Music Festival is the weekend of Oct. 1st.) Just saying. Americanos at Four Barrel and free tunes in Golden Gate Park the same weekend = major win in my book. :)

Suzanne September 16, 2011 at 9:14 pm

I sooooo love San Francisco. I went to college there and lived in the Bay Area for about 15 years. I miss it terribly. The food! The food! Have fun!

Emily September 17, 2011 at 8:14 am

Ohhh, you won’t regret it! I silently thank my parents every day for choosing to raise a family in the North Bay.

Lu @ A Mix of it All September 17, 2011 at 7:25 pm

I think you should visit San Antonio. For no selfish reasons. If you should so decide to come here, I think you should bring blondies. Ok? Actually, the Bay Area is much nicer.

Jessica September 17, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Andrea–I have a feeling you get this a lot, but I just found your blog. Like 20 minutes ago. And I’ve tried to read every post, and I love you. You’re one of the best female writers I’ve found in a long time–your stories are inspirational and your food looks damn good.

I will be back!

Kristin Murdock September 18, 2011 at 3:20 pm

I just found your blog and I LOOOVVEEE it. So happy to be here and can’t wait to keep up with you regularly. Your writing style is so fun.

Maggie September 19, 2011 at 9:05 am

Well, tell us if you’re coming! Maybe we can convince you to convene in some bloggy fiesta of food in SF?

Katie P September 20, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Do come to San Francisco AND do a meetup! I’d love to dine with you!

Wendy September 22, 2011 at 12:22 am

Hi Andie – I was fortunate enough to visit San Francisco about 20 years ago …. oh man it must be one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Right up there with Venice, New York and my all-time favourite Greek Island – Mykonos.

Just GO …….. have FUN!

robin goldstein September 30, 2011 at 8:59 am

I wholeheartedly support this mission on many levels.