hey, it’s chicken.
Second, when I was jonesing for something to get this chicken good and saucy, I went straight to Gina and Pat Neely. That pair knows a thing or two about
1. Being sweetly in love.
Tangy and sweet yet smoky with a kick of heat from cayenne. Simple enough to brush on just about anything, and not exclusively meat.
I’m considering using it as my dip of choice for crudite and French fries.
Homemade Barbecue Sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
Combine all ingredients in a small pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, for 1 hour.