Friday feels as good as

my mom

whites_bakery_cake-20

mailed me

whites_bakery_cake-18

a cake cross country.

Natalcho October 21, 2011 at 12:29 am

So sweet – I love mom presents but I have never received a cake…I am sending this post to my mom as a subtle hint:)

Lisa October 21, 2011 at 3:54 am

I want cake in the mail! My mom always sent me rice krispie treats…but no cake!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet October 21, 2011 at 4:15 am

LOVE it! Happy Friday:-)

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh October 21, 2011 at 5:23 am

We don’t have a bakery so good it would be worth that kind of trip and blissful ingestion regardless of the condition on arrival. Color me jealous!

Shauna October 21, 2011 at 5:46 am

Wow! I live about 20 minutes from Whites. Ive been in with my boys but never bought anything. Ive heard great things about it…gonna have to try it. Any recommendations? What should I try?? :)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape October 21, 2011 at 6:05 am

omg–that is fantastic!!

Andrea October 21, 2011 at 7:32 am

Amen, sista. Maybe I shall bake a cake tonight in celebration. Of Friday. Or maybe just because it’s fun to celebrate things!

meg October 21, 2011 at 7:56 pm

When I was away at college my freshman year, my mom made mini cupcakes that spelled out happy birthday meg. Of course by the time they got to me, they were stale and hard and I couldn’t eat them but boy did it still put a smile on my face.

Amy October 23, 2011 at 5:16 am

So unbelievably sweet, but that’s what Mums are for right? I don’t know what I did in a former life to deserve my Mama, but I am super grateful :)

Shauna October 24, 2011 at 7:26 am

Thanks for the suggestion…when I lose 10 more pounds I will go to White’s to celebrate. :) I was just reminded of the time I was particularly sad, and my friend’s Mom, who makes the BEST cookies ever (oatmeal, coconut, butterscotch, raisins…) mailed me some to cheer me up. It was summer, and I didnt realize the box had been sitting there for a few hours. When I opened it I discovered thousands of sugar ants eating my cookies!! I was so sad…but it was the thought that counts!

BlondeBomber October 24, 2011 at 9:05 am

I think everyone has thought of doing this, but not actually acted on it. I want cake in the mail TOO! My sister sent brownies and cookies to our friend who is currently in Afghanistan. :)

Biz October 27, 2011 at 7:58 am

Ha – love that she mailed you a cake!! Hope you are having a great week!

Jess October 27, 2011 at 12:20 pm

WOW! I lived in Hull MA for years…I know those cakes well!
And now I want one lol

Hannah October 27, 2011 at 2:28 pm

I miss your *real* blog entries! I’m sure you’re busy with your book but selfishly, I want you to write more often here!

Meaghan O'Connor @ My Spoonful of Inspiration October 28, 2011 at 6:25 am

A cake in the mail?!? I never thought that was possible! So very jealous!

johnny October 29, 2011 at 3:52 am

We love you and hope that the book writing and all the rest of what’s going on in your life is going not just well but FANTASTIC!!!!! Looking forward to the next post but in the meantime will enjoy the cake! :)

Ali October 30, 2011 at 10:40 am

Agreed! We MISS YOU!- come back when things settle down!

TJ October 29, 2011 at 8:19 am

Hi, I’m a new reader (just this year). I have found your “Journey to lose 135 lbs.” incredibly helpful. I hope you continue to post. There is an audience checking daily for your Seattle Shenanigans and your helpful advice! I find myself coming back all the time and reading and re-reading for inspiration and motivation. Thank you!

Melissa November 13, 2011 at 3:46 am

Hello, I just happened upon your blog this morning and love, love, love it!! I will be a new follower for sure! I had a flashback reading this post…my freshman year of college my mom mailed me a cake for my birthday….wrapped in foil, saran wrap, heavily packaged, and completely smooshed. SO fun though! Thanks for putting a smile on my face today like she did so many years ago :)!