Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Day 1

by Andie Mitchell on November 6, 2011

celebritycruise-31

celebritycruise-22

Seattle really loses her charm when you come back to her after three days sailing in sunshine.

celebritycruise-27

celebritycruise-25

The weekend was far better than I could ever have imagined.

And,

I imagine a lot, a lot.

celebritycruise-34

celebritycruise-36

Celebrity Cruises  and Gilt City outdid themselves with this one.

celebritycruise-37

celebritycruise-40

They kindly told me I could bring a guest

so

naturally

I brought my PJ,

the greatest dad a girl could know.

celebritycruise-39

celebritycruise-43

celebritycruise-42

celebritycruise-41

celebritycruise-28-1

celebritycruise-31-1

celebritycruise-46

Beyond meeting Alex Guarnaschelli and nearly asking her on a date, I have so many things to say about the experience.

A good deal of gushing must be done

tomorrow,

when my stomach gets around to digesting that third cone gelato.

Anne November 6, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Love love LOVE that you took your dad. Oh, and if you didn’t ask Alex G on a date, I may just have to. That woman talks about food better than anyone ever did.

Looking forward to seeing more pics and reading about your adventures at sea.

Amy November 7, 2011 at 12:14 am

So glad to hear you and your Dad had a good time! I can’t wait for the rest of the recap. I hope the Seattle skies are kind to you this week to ease you back into life in the north-west :)

Sophie @ LoveLiveAndLearn November 7, 2011 at 1:55 am

Wow. That looks like the most amazing trip ever.
Like I said before I’m a little jealous :-P
I’m glad you had such a fantastic time and I love that you took your dad with you! Your photos are absolutely beautiful as always :-)
I can’t wait to read/look at the rest of the trip!

johnny November 7, 2011 at 3:14 am

Your Dad is probably one of the proudest men in the world right now! Your PJ is one lucky guy and you are beutiful! If I wasn’t so proud of my two girls I would want to adopt you! You go girl! Have fun getting back to your work. Make it as memerable as that trip! :)

Jessen November 7, 2011 at 3:55 am

Wow! I’m so jealous you met Alex G. She’s one of my Favorite Chefs, so passionate about cooking. You go girl! I’m glad you had a blast!!

PS. I would have brought my dad too. No matter how old I am, I will always be a “Daddy Girl”.

Sarah@The Flying ONION November 7, 2011 at 5:06 am

I love this! And, I have to add, I’m slightly jealous of your travels. What a fabulous cruise! :D

Carole November 7, 2011 at 5:57 am

Wow, what fantastic trip! Your photos are wonderful–thank you for sharing. :)

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh November 7, 2011 at 8:23 am

That looks like a wonderful time! I’ve never been on a cruise and wondering if it would be for us but pics like this make it hard to resist. Isn’t Alex the sweetest? We met her when she was the judge for one of our friends competing on a Food Network Challenge a few years ago.

Andrea November 7, 2011 at 9:36 am

Amazing pictures! Looks like it was simply a dream. So happy for you!!

Christine F. November 7, 2011 at 10:29 am

Shut. up. You met Alex G. Envious!

And I think it’s great you took your dad – I would’ve too (that is, if the hubby didn’t mind). :)

Glad you had a good time!

Lisa November 7, 2011 at 12:37 pm

It looks like at excellent time!

Megan (Braise The Roof) November 7, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Wow, that looks amazing. I went on a cruise once…it looked like Denny’s compared to your photos. Oh, and if there’s any of that gelato left, you can send it on over here. :)

Alexa @ SimpleEats November 7, 2011 at 6:36 pm

I LOVE cruises, this one looks gorgeous! Can’t wait to hear more about it!

Leigh November 7, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Those pictures make me want to go back on a cruise- AMAZING, so beautiful. How sweet of you to take your daddy :)

Melissa November 8, 2011 at 5:26 am

Gorgeous! I love that you brought your dad–that’s something I would do, too! And Alex? I’m sure I would have been a total dork. Love her!

Evan Thomas November 8, 2011 at 5:37 am

Color me jealous. I love Alex and following her foodie tweets.

Rebecca @ Miss Magnolia Munches & Moves November 8, 2011 at 6:05 am

What a beautiful & trendy ship! I’ve only been on one of those really corny cruise ships and didn’t know they could be so chic.

Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic November 8, 2011 at 7:28 am

I love the pictures, especially that one of you in the giant chair! Looks like the cruise was truly wonderful!

Kelly @ Free Spirit Food November 8, 2011 at 7:41 am

wow. That looks absolutely fabulous. Just when I think I’m not a “cruise” person… this makes me reconsider!

Sarah November 8, 2011 at 6:04 pm

I LOVE that you brought your dad…you two make the cutest cruising couple I’ve ever seen!

Miranda @ Living One Bite at a Time November 8, 2011 at 10:45 pm

SOOOO jealous that you met Alex!!!! She’s so awesome!

Also, I love that awesome shot of the chocolate-dipped ice cream cone :)

Megly November 16, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Just getting caught up with your cruise posts.. first, meeting Alex would be so cool. And also, I love your boots! Looks so fun and like the food was (surprisingly?) yummy

justine November 17, 2011 at 12:44 pm

besides the trip looking amazing…i need your boots! love them!

Lea @ Healthy Coconut November 17, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Love the fun pictures. The cruise ship looks really clean and modern.

I just came back from a Mexican Riviera Cruise with Carnival Spirit. It was a lot of fun but the ship could use some modern upgrade though.