4 Sweet Treats I Bake for Christmas

chocolate (2)

AndrewScrivani Photo Wkshop 008

eggs (2)

chocolate cake-01

chocolate cake-03

double_chocolate_blondies

Congo Bars (my very favorite cookie)

chocolate_almond_toffee_bars

Chocolate Almond Toffee Bars

dark_chocolate_almond_joy_cookies

Double Chocolate Fudge Brownies with coconut and almonds5434924996_9363b40b4a

Rainbow Tie Dye Cupcakes (festively in red and green only)
Use this white cupcake recipe!

What are you baking?

Amanda December 21, 2011 at 6:32 am

I have actually been baking your eggnog squares! (they were a party hit!)
And lots and lots of oatmeal cookies for presents!!

I love that its fun for me to bake and lose weight..at the same time!

*Andrea* December 21, 2011 at 7:26 am

congo bars are my favorite too!! Whole Foods bakery sells a 3-pack that I always buy this time of year (and devour much too quickly).

ps when is the book coming out!?!?

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh December 21, 2011 at 7:36 am

I’m so trying those tie dye cupcakes when I stop seeping sugar and flour out of my pores!

Jessica December 21, 2011 at 7:36 am

List this year:
Chocolate chip cookies (to get my little sister through finals),
Oatmeal cranberry chocolate cookies,
Chocolate toffee cookies,
Sugar cookies,
Pecan snowballs,
Peanut butter blossoms,
Chocolate chubbies.

Percentage complete:57.1%

Bingeing on baking while your parents will buy all the groceries? Priceless.

(Ps. We’re also planning a trip to a nursing home to spread some holiday cheer and save our waistlines by sharing the cookies.)

Chelsea @ Naturally Sweet Recipes December 21, 2011 at 8:04 am

YUM! Those congo bars will be on my to do list today! Happy Holidays!

Amanda December 21, 2011 at 9:45 am

I’ve baked:
-Mint chocolate chip sugar cookies
-shortbread
-Newfoundland snowballs
-monkey bread muffins
plus a couple of others I’m still working on. I’m giving cannoli a shot this year!

Ji @ Midwest Girl in LA December 21, 2011 at 10:03 am

In addition to a successful batch of your chewy chocolate chip cookies, this non-baker has baked 3 batches of chocolate crackle cookies to give away as gifts!

Emily December 21, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I was looking for a new desert to try this holiday season, I was looking at the Congo Bars recipe and the only question I have is what temperature should the oven be at when baking them?

andie December 22, 2011 at 6:14 am

Hey Emily! Sorry- bake the congo bars at 350 degrees F :)

Ellen Renee December 21, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Roasted Cinnamon Almonds & Pecans
peanut brittle
fudge
chocolate crinkle cookies
Russian Tea Cakes

All the candy is prepared and the cookie dough is made – just need to start baking.

Veronike W December 21, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Ummm…those congo bars look deadly delicious! I am so going to try those :)
This time of year I always make:
-Red Velvet Cupcakes
-Jam Jam’s
-Davy Crockets
-Oatmeal Scothies

But I am always looking for new recipes to try!

Nicole from Loving Simple Moments December 22, 2011 at 3:42 am

Those look SO good! I’m making dinner rolls for the first time this year, wish me luck. Ha, ha. And I’m going to make a cake from scratch! Hopefully I’m not biting off more than I can chew… Lol.

Emily December 22, 2011 at 12:12 pm

It’s quite alright, Thank You :)

Wendy December 23, 2011 at 2:41 am

Hi Andie – I have been away (in your part of the world actually – my son and I visited Orlando and Los Angeles) and am catching up on your blog. As usual everything looks so delicious and I keep promising myself that I am going to get into my kitchen and try one of your recipes …. a bit lazy at the moment though!

Everything of the best over the Festive Season and I wish you all the joy and happiness that you so richly deserve.

Amanda V December 23, 2011 at 3:56 pm

I just made homemade Moose Munch, tomorrow I’m making a Chocolate Peppermint cake roll and Pumpkin Cheesecake. And Christmas morning I’m making monkey bread. :)

Biz December 24, 2011 at 9:02 am

Just wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas! Looking forward to all your good eats in 2012! :D

Tasha @ Dine & Dash December 24, 2011 at 8:32 pm

baking:
macaroons
lemon cream cheese cookies
chocolate chip toffee pecan cookies

the rainbow tie-dye cupcakes make me hippie, I mean happy just looking at them ;)