Loaded Quinoa Veggie Burgers

• 1/4 cup Italian seasoned dried breadcrumbs
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 tablespoon ground cumin
  • ¾ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon pepper
  • 1 tablespoons olive oil

In a small pot, bring 3/4 cup water to a boil. Add quinoa, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook until liquid is absorbed, 12 to 14 minutes; set aside.

In a food processor, pulse carrot until finely chopped. Add cooked quinoa, scallions, garlic, beans, breadcrumbs, egg, cumin, salt, and pepper; pulse until combined but still slightly chunky. Form the mixture into four even patties.

In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium; cook burgers until browned, about 8 minutes per side.

Nutrition Information for 1 Patty (1/4th of Entire Recipe): Calories 230, Total Fat 6.2 g, Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g, Dietary Fiber 8.6 g, Sugars 2.4 g, Protein 11.3 g

Anna @ Food Fitness Frolicking January 4, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Goodness, these look tasty. I never ever would have thought to put quinoa in a burger!

Assuming that’s ooey gooey delicious cheese on top, what kind did you use? I didn’t see cheese listed in your recipe!

admin January 5, 2012 at 5:53 am

Thanks Anna! Extra sharp vermont cheddar for the win :)

Lindsay @ The Reluctant Runner January 4, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Ooh, that looks delicious! I’m eating much more grains and beans these days instead of meat, pasta, etc., and this will make a perfect dinner next week!

Lyn @LovelyPantry January 4, 2012 at 7:00 pm

OMG These look so perfect! And so timely! I’m hoping to make a different quinoa dish every week! Yay! Love it :-)

Sarah January 4, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Yummo! I’m always on the lookout for a good burger recipe and this one looks fab. Thanks:)

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh January 4, 2012 at 8:38 pm

I wonder if I could sneak these in on The Mr. Don’t know til I try! :)

Hannah January 4, 2012 at 8:39 pm

I can’t wait to try these. I’ve been looking for a quinoa veggie burger for a while now. Do you reckon panko would work in place of the bread crumbs?

admin January 5, 2012 at 5:54 am

Yes! Panko would work. But, I love the flavor of Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, so you may want to spice the panko up a bit :)

Erin @ Simply Frugal Mom January 4, 2012 at 8:48 pm

The fact that you topped these amazing looking healthy burgers with cheese pretty much sums up why I love your blog!

Karista January 4, 2012 at 9:10 pm

Yum! I’m not a veggie burger fan but I could so eat these. Happy New Year!

admin January 5, 2012 at 5:54 am

you too!

Laura January 4, 2012 at 9:15 pm

I love your blog – I love your story, I love your recipes (and the bf loves me MORE for your recipes!) and I am so excited for your upcoming books. Congratulations and thanks for sharing everything you do :)

I feel like quinoa burgers are the perfect transition between heavy holiday food and the veggies I neeeeed to get back in my life!

admin January 5, 2012 at 5:55 am

Thanks Laura!

Kate February 2, 2012 at 10:59 am

Thanks! I made these for lunch today and they are great!

Leila @ Spinach and Skittles January 4, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Mmm quinoa is a staple in my house. These look divine. Is that cheese, or Hollandaise sauce on top?

admin January 5, 2012 at 5:55 am

extra sharp cheddar- doesn’t it look like it’s the ooziest thing you’ve ever seen? I know.

Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn January 4, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Ogh. So yum. Can we be friends in real life? Okay good deal.

admin January 5, 2012 at 5:55 am

Yes yes yes!

Elena January 4, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Wow! That looks delicious! I might just have to try it.

johnny January 5, 2012 at 3:38 am

OK, never thought I’d even try anything but a meat burger but that just looks toooo good!! :)

Erika - The Teenage Taste January 5, 2012 at 4:16 am

Mmmmmm! This quinoa veggie burger looks fabulous and I love how hearty-looking it is! Whenever I make veggie burgers they always fall apart!

karen July 13, 2013 at 10:06 pm

To: Erika- The Teenage Taste. About them falling apart. I use potato flour or ground flax seed to hold my vegeburgers together. It works great. and it doesn’t disrupt the taste of the other ingredients. :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) January 5, 2012 at 5:09 am

yes PLEASE!

Jen @ pretty plate January 5, 2012 at 5:30 am

WOW MAMA!!! These look outstanding!!!

: ))
Jen

Katie G January 5, 2012 at 5:44 am

Wow, that’s pretty genius. I never would’ve thought to put quinoa in a burger. I’m definitely trying this!

Mindy January 5, 2012 at 6:22 am

What a great way to use quinoa….I love it!

Michelle ~ Blogging from the Boonies January 5, 2012 at 7:00 am

Oh, that looks so GOOD! I will be adding quinoa to the grocery list, for sure! Thank you!

Jan January 5, 2012 at 7:12 am

Wondering if these would freeze well if a batch was made ahead of time? Looks delicious–can’t wait to try!

andie January 5, 2012 at 11:16 am

Think you could, but I’d freeze them after cooking. Then, when you’re ready to heat them, just put them in the oven in their frozen state til their crisp- about 10-15 mins at 350 degrees.

andie January 5, 2012 at 11:17 am

Think you could, but I’d freeze them after cooking. Then, when you’re ready to heat them, just put them in the oven in their frozen state til they’re crisp- about 10-15 mins at 350 degrees.

jANICE March 2, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Actually, Andie, It’s best to form them, place on plastic wrap or waxed paper on a cookie sheet. Freeze, then package in wraps and bags, fry in the frozen state! So much crisper and not so fragile, easier to flip.

Jen January 5, 2012 at 7:19 am

Stupid question…do you think I could throw these on the Forman instead of cooking them in oil, or would they fall apart?

andie January 5, 2012 at 11:18 am

Hmm…I think they might fall apart this way. Or stick to the grills :(

Suzanne January 5, 2012 at 7:19 am

oh yum! they look delicious. Can’t wait to try them.

Michelle @ The Cooking Life January 5, 2012 at 7:49 am

I am SO glad you posted this! One of my favorite restaurants in town has what they call a supergrain burger – a quinoa burger. It’s so good but I didn’t know how to start replicating it. Now I can just try your recipe. Thanks again!

andie January 5, 2012 at 11:06 am

Ooohh a supergrain burger sounds great!

Tiff January 5, 2012 at 8:18 am

I already saw these in Pinterest, and am so glad I followed the link. These look great!

Odette January 5, 2012 at 8:28 am

Hi Andy!!

I am definitely making these very soon! I had a question though, is there any way I can omit or substitute the breadcrumbs for a non starch?

Please let me know! Thank you :)

andie January 5, 2012 at 11:09 am

Hey Odette (fantastic name, by the way,
Hmmm…I’m racking my brain for an alternative. Mainly the breadcrumbs act as a binder and they help the patties hold their shape (along with the help of the egg). I’m sort of stumped, so sorry!
Anyone have recommendations?

andie

Megan (Braise The Roof) January 5, 2012 at 12:03 pm

You could try grinding up some nuts (like almonds) until they’re a little coarser than a flour- no clue if it would work, but worth a shot, right?

Mya January 28, 2012 at 2:56 pm

You can actually use quinoa flakes as a binder, and add seasoning to them accordingly.

Dave February 25, 2012 at 2:01 pm

just made these and used chopped oats instead

Cadi January 5, 2012 at 9:24 am

YES. That cheese looks amazing (though the burgers look equally so. Think these would freeze? This would be great for lunch at work on top of a bed of greens with a big ol’ squirt of mustard or BBQ sauce… mmm…

OK, I’ll try freezing them. Will report back.

Cadi January 5, 2012 at 9:26 am

I love it when I ask questions and answer for myself. *snicker*

andie January 5, 2012 at 11:11 am

I love it too :)

Lu January 5, 2012 at 9:46 am

Wow! These look amazing. I think that these are something I need to try asap. Would it be wrong to add extra cheese? Don’t answer that. I know it would be, but I might still do it anyway.

Gina January 5, 2012 at 11:07 am

I love when I have all the ingredients on hand for a tasty looking recipe such as this…Happy New Year!

Megan (Braise The Roof) January 5, 2012 at 12:04 pm

How on earth do you make your burgers PERFECTLY shaped every. single. time? I have burger patty envy. ;)

Rachel @healthy_chicks January 5, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Wow, these look incredible! I’ve never made my own veggie burgers before, but always wanted to try. Quinoa is the perfect base. Thanks!

Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) January 5, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Mmm veggie burgers… I need to get on trying to make my own sometime soon! They seem like a lovely alternative to greasy drippy delicious burgers… tee hehe.

Becky January 5, 2012 at 4:06 pm

I bought all the stuff to make these for the coming up weekend. They look amazing!!!!

melissa@thehungryartist January 5, 2012 at 6:07 pm

I love, love, love your blog. Your writing and photography and recipes are all fantastic! You are so inspiring. Congratulations on your book deals. I look forward to reading your books when they are published.

The burgers also look so drool worthy! I just wanted to chime in about using a non gluten item in place of breadcrumbs– there is a great Cook’s Illustrated veggie burger I’ve made before, and it included 1 cup raw cashews and 1/3 cup mayonnaise, so maybe something like that would work???

Jessica @ The Process of Healing January 5, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Oh YUM!!! Those sound delicious AND easy!

april January 6, 2012 at 7:37 am

I’ve never had anything like this before– but now I want to!! I just pinned your recipe :)

Kelly January 6, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Thanks for the recipe! I have these in the oven right now…

For anyone who also might attempt these, the pan-frying must be key :P I tried to do them in a pan just sprayed with non-stick spray (to save some cals/fat), and it did not work! I ended up taking them off after about ten minutes, reforming them, and not I’m trying them in the oven. Keep your fingers crossed!

They sure smell yummy so far, though! Thanks again, Andie!

Becky January 7, 2012 at 8:40 pm

I made these tonight! LOVED THEM! My husband was not a fan. lol

I am posting about your blog and the burgers on my blog this coming Tuesday.

Leah January 7, 2012 at 11:22 pm

OMG these are sooo tasty! I made them tonight for my fam and they were a complete hit. I baked them in the oven though because our stove was busy with other yummies.

Thanks so much for the awesome recipe!!!

Katie January 8, 2012 at 4:40 pm

These veggie burgers look incredible. I love ones like this that aren’t trying to taste like meat. I can’t wait to make these!

Carmen January 8, 2012 at 5:14 pm

I hardly ever post comments on heavily-read blogs… but I just had to come back and say that I made these tonight and they were DELICIOUS!!! My hubby and I both loved them. This was my first ever experience with quinoa (which I now know is pronounced KEEN-wah and not kwih-NO-uh! LOL).

Also, my 3 year old and 5 year old both eat broccoli and other veggies now, thanks to your post on how to roast broccoli.

I absolutely LOVE your blog. Thanks so much being so transparent in sharing your journey with us.

Many blessings-
Carmen

Laura @ My Pink Thumb January 9, 2012 at 7:58 am

MMM these look delicious!

Anna January 9, 2012 at 1:29 pm

I’m making these tonight! They look so yummy. I am substituting out the breadcrumbs for mashed potatoes, since I needed a gluten free alternative, but thanks for the yummy looking recipe!

Cathy January 9, 2012 at 6:11 pm

It looks so good but I am vegan (who happens to be allergic to eggs) and wanted to know if there is a reasonable alternative to the egg….it is always the hardest thing to substitute :)….

admin January 9, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Hey Cathy!

Thank you so much! I’d try using a ‘flax egg’ as lots of other vegans do: to make one ‘egg,’ combine 1 tablespoon ground flax with 3 tablespoons water and stir. Double this if you want to make two eggs :)

Hope this helps!

Sharon February 1, 2013 at 6:11 pm

I made these using a flax egg & they turned out great. I mixed the water & ground flax before starting & let it sit while I assembled the rest of the burger & then added it at the end.

Fran@ Broken Cookies Don't Count January 10, 2012 at 3:53 am

These sound so delicious and relatively easy too. I’m going away for 2 weeks but when I get back I need to try them. Thanks for sharing, Andie!

eleanore January 10, 2012 at 7:08 am

What sauce did you put on top?

Lucy January 10, 2012 at 8:34 am

I’ve just started following your blog and adore your writing style. Thanks this recipe, I am trying it tomorrow!!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet January 10, 2012 at 8:35 am

These look fantastic, can’t wait to make them!

deirdre January 11, 2012 at 8:29 am

Can I use gf breadcrumbs?

Carol Klapste January 11, 2012 at 8:57 am

Do you have any idea how many grams of protein in each burger? Thanks. They look great and I would like to cut back on the amount of animal proteins I eat.

Kelli January 13, 2012 at 6:21 am

I made these last night and they were awesome. Will be a go-to for us from now on!

Random Musings of a Cluttered Kitchen January 13, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Made these last night – AMAZING!!! The Mr loved them so much he wants them again for dinner tonight. I put mine in a lettuce “bun”. Thank you so much for sharing this great recipe. I reblogged with kudos to you :)

Megan January 17, 2012 at 3:11 pm

What is the recipe for the sauce? I have made many variations of this type of patty but never had a great sauce to go along with it.

ciara January 20, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Hi, made these last night for me and my husband. They wre really tasty though needed to cook a little longer in the pan than indicated. All in all, really good! Thank you!

Danartsy January 25, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Made these tonight and they turned out fantastic! I sauteed them in olive oil in a nonstick pan, and they were a bit crispy on the outside, and soft in the middle. Kind of like falafel. Melted some mozz on top because that’s all I had. Whoa- too. damn. good.

tj February 8, 2012 at 4:50 am

Mmmm…. quinoa burgers! They look wonderful and we are going to try them tonight(:

Ellen February 9, 2012 at 8:35 pm

I made these tonight and they were fantastic. I made them into six patties instead of four, and my hubby and I still gobbled them all up (oops).

After I cooked the patties I sprinkled a little blue cheese on them and then put them in the broiler for a few minutes, then topped with fresh tomato, red onion and cilantro. Divine!!

p.s. One minor complaint = they were a little crumbly. Any tips for a more cohesive burger?

p.p.s. May I review these gems on my blog, http://www.lifeinreviews.com ?

Angie February 14, 2012 at 4:07 pm

I’m making these tonight for the family on Valentine’s Day. In years past, it was tradition to go to the local hole in the wall (but AWESOME!) Stella’s for burgers on V.D. Not today! I am going to put them into the oven so I have time to make the salad dressings and other yummies. I hope oven cooking works! Thanks for a great looking recipe!

Lindsey January 9, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Angie,
You must be in Grand Rapids? Is that the stellas you speak of? If so, I’m so jealous, I’m in the Detroit area and want Stella’s “burgers” and whiskey all the time.

Alexandria Cail February 28, 2012 at 12:39 pm

I am so making these for dinner tonight! My boyfriend and I gave up meat and poultry for Lent so we need lots of quick and healthy vegetarian/pescatarian recipes. Please keep them coming!

LL March 11, 2012 at 5:46 pm

To my dismay my husband dislikes anything with a nutritional value, so he opted for a frozen pizza. I preheated the oven as I started this burger- and i was done with my dinner before his buzzed (ok, so one shortcut is i happened to have cookies Quinoa in my fridge, but still)
Easy, quick and delish! My subs: I used whole wheat breadcrumbs and cooked the burgers in 1 tbs coconut oil. I loved this it was really incredible! I ate mine with a very small ‘shmear’ of garlic mayo and a Gluten free Ezekial sesame bread, toated. YUMM YUMM YUMM!!!!!!!

Vicky March 13, 2012 at 8:30 am

Sounds like a perfect vegetarian meal. I’ve never even tried quinoa burgers but am curious to see how they turn out!

Amanda March 20, 2012 at 9:34 am

These were wonderful! I added green hatch chiles, cilantro, spicy smoked paprika, and gluten free bread crumbs, topped off with carmelized onions, avocado, and extra sharp cheese.

Jenne March 21, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Any ideas on making these w/o the egg (vegan style)? I love quinoa and would love to give these a try – thanks!

Lindsay March 26, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Do you recon these can be frozen into patties.. and bbq’ed??

Jocelyn March 28, 2012 at 11:42 am

Do you know the nutritional information for 1 pattie?? These look fabulous!

Carole April 3, 2012 at 7:59 pm

I made these for dinner tonight….delish. I know I will be doing these again with different variations. I can see lots of possibilities.

Natalie April 11, 2012 at 4:32 pm

These look great! I’m going to make them tonight but make them vegan. I’ll substitute the egg for 1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp hot water (mix and let sit 10 min before adding). I hope they still turn out yummy. (I pinned this to Pinterest…thank you!)

Mollie April 30, 2012 at 5:35 pm

This recipe serves 4.
Per 1 patty
Calories: 248
Fat: 3.4g
Fiber: 9.3g
Sugar: 1.3g
Protein: 13.3g

Brittany White May 10, 2012 at 12:35 pm

I’ve made these before and they were delicious but instead of using cumin I will be making them ranchy with a little bit from a ranch packet :) Making ranch burgers for my husband tomorrow but I don’t like meat as much as him and I bet they will be TASTY just like they were the first time, yum!! Also, they freeze well too!

RT May 30, 2012 at 6:48 pm

I made these for dinner tonight – big hit! Instead of Italian bread crumbs, I just ran half a slice of bread through the food processor. I didn’t have any trouble with the burgers falling apart.

Stephanie Allen June 21, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Cant wait to try these!

Sabrina August 23, 2012 at 4:34 pm

I tried these tonight and really enjoyed them!! However, they did not look even CLOSE to as neat as your picture. They were more oval shaped and mushy looking. I was very skeptical when I took them out of the pan. They may have looked horrible, but they tasted LOVELY! I added some cheese, and top them with a dollop of sour cream and salsa. Very tasty indeed.

Sarah August 26, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Made these…so delicious!!! Thanks for sharing.

jess October 2, 2012 at 4:20 pm

can you use any type of bean to replace a black bean?

Candace October 3, 2012 at 8:51 am

MMMMMM, I wanna lick the screen…LOL

catsmum October 13, 2012 at 7:45 pm

I don’t know what black beans are … I’m thinking maybe french lentils or chickpeas [ I think these are called gabanzo beans in the US ] might work

Tammy W. October 23, 2012 at 4:13 pm

just made these for dinner…they were delicious!! we loved them!! can you freeze them for later? if so, would you freeze them uncooked?

admin October 24, 2012 at 9:06 am

Hi Tammy! Thanks :) I’d freeze them after they’re cooked.

Britt November 4, 2012 at 10:50 am

I’m wondering if it’s possible to do these without a food processor?

Emily : RainbowDelicious.com November 28, 2012 at 12:52 pm

These quinoa burgers were fantastic! I made them for my family last week and they were a big hit :) I ended up baking them in the oven instead of frying them in a pan but besides that I followed your recipe exactly. I shared this recipe on my blog in my most recent meal plan, thank you!

veg December 6, 2012 at 7:06 pm

this looks like the best veggie burger that i have ever seen. being a strict, this makes my mind explode

Leslie B December 12, 2012 at 4:42 am

Very good! I just woke up and I’m looking forward to my leftovers at lunch!

JoAnna December 30, 2012 at 9:41 am

These are on my menu for this week. Can’t wait to try them!

sharon January 6, 2013 at 8:31 pm

just happened upon this sight….love it

Michelle January 27, 2013 at 12:01 pm

These look great. Do you think I could substitute ground up rice crackers for the breadcrumbs to make this gluten free?

admin January 27, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Hey Michelle,

Yes, I do think that would work, as long as the crackers are really finely ground. Good luck!

Lisa January 27, 2013 at 9:44 pm

I saw these on Pinterest tonight. They were pretty quick to make and tasted really good! I used pinto beans I had cooked from scratch (didn’t have any black beans ready) and toasted 3 pieces of whole wheat bread and threw pieces of those in my Cuisinart. I had to double the recipe to feed my family. Thank you so much, will definitely be making these again!

Magdalen February 1, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Thank you. I must try these- soon.

Ewelina February 4, 2013 at 8:24 pm

It looks great. i really like quinoa but never thought of using it this way!

Dana February 6, 2013 at 8:54 pm

I made this tonight and they were really good. They were really filling too!

Katie February 17, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Absolutely delicious. I am so skeptical of anything vegetarian, but I have to say, you have won me over with these burgers. The cheese is definitely key, but the whole thing is so tasty. I added some ‘umami’ flavor with ketchup+worcestershire sauce, and more scallions on top, too.

Thanks Andie!!

Linda February 17, 2013 at 2:52 pm

The taste was great but flipping them in the skillet was tricky, as they wanted to crumble. Is there a secret to them staying together? I flipped carefully…perhaps baking in the oven. I had mine with a roasted red pepper and a special garlic sauce which is made locally called Gar-la-la!

Alicia Daniels February 19, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Your recipes all look delish, thank you for taking the time to help out others. :)

Diane February 20, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Andie, these are delicious! I’ve been keeping cooked quinoa on hand recently which makes it easy for me to search up yummy recipes to create using it! So glad I ran across yours!

Mademoiseille Gravelle February 25, 2013 at 12:10 pm

I love your recipes, but, many of them do not have caloric/nutritional info. Would love that? Have spread your blog on Pinterest….Thanks, Mademoiselle Gravelle

Lauren @ LaurenPhelpsCoaching February 25, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Cool recipe!! I love to make black bean burgers, but I cannot get them to look like a perfect patty. What’s your secret??

Andie February 25, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Hey Lauren,

Thanks! I like to shape the patties against a flat, smooth surface. First, I roll the burger portion into a ball between my palms. Then, I press that mixture into a clean plate, smooshing it into about a 4″ diameter. Next, I cup my hand and press it all along the sides of the patty to try to form a flattened edge. Lifting the burger off of the plate can be tricky, but I find that loosening it by sliding a butter knife underneath works well.
Here’s another great idea to shape the patties using the lid of a jar: http://savorysweetlife.com/2010/05/shaping-perfect-hamburger-patties/

Hope this helps!

Aubrey February 26, 2013 at 11:35 am

I made these last night and oh lord, were they delicious! I usually like a veggie burger but I don’t LOVE a veggie burger. These are insanely lovable! I don’t have a food processor, so I chopped, chopped, chopped my little heart out. It was worth all the work! Thank you once again for a wonderful, manageable, yummy recipe!

sandy March 4, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Omg. I made these for dinner tonight and they were awesome. The only change I added was about 1/4 cup mixed frozen vegetables and because I read the recipe wrong I added the olive oil in with the entire mixture. I think it may have helped bind it together well. I then cooked it in a nonstick pan with cooking spray. They were great. Ate 1 hot out of the pan and then another just heated in the microwave. Saved the rest of the mixture for tomorrow ..

MB March 8, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Tried the veggie burgers tonight. The prep work and execution was real simple. I think it is a great adaptation from the original recipe. Great flavor and crunch. However, the center was mushy. Apparently, a huge issue in the veggie-burger-munching-community. I sifted through some pretty pretentious recipes to reach a few reasonable solutions. Solution 1- Use only one cup(8oz) of black beans. Solution 2- Add about a 1/3 to 1/2 cup of oats, seeds, water chestnuts, or chopped almonds. (I added just the almonds. Gives the burger a better crunch) Solution 3- Thinner burgers. Overall, huge fan!

Lisa March 14, 2013 at 10:26 am

I just found your blog today and have been really enjoying it. These burgers look amazing (my husband has become obsessed with quinoa, so I’m constantly looking for new things to make with it). I would love to know the nutritional value. Someone had posted some but I’m trying to get a WW point value and the above value did not have the carb number. Any help would be great? Thanks

Andie March 14, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Hey Lisa,
Thank you! I just added the nutrition info (per patty) below the recipe above: Calories 230, Total Fat 6.2 g, Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g, Dietary Fiber 8.6 g, Sugars 2.4 g, Protein 11.3 g

chelsie March 15, 2013 at 11:41 am

That looks delicious! Thanks for posting, I am going to have to try this next week.

Julie March 21, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Looks so delicious! I actually found this recipe through another blog… thought you might want to know about this as they used your entire recipe and pictures and did not even mention where the recipe came from (I was able to find it via Google). :( http://pinrecipes.blogspot.com/2013/01/loaded-quinoa-veggie-burgers.html

Carol March 31, 2013 at 8:11 pm

This looks great, I think I will add a few veggies though, corn, green and red pepper. I can’t wait to make these.

Becky R April 20, 2013 at 7:06 pm

I made a double batch of these a few days ago. The most accurate verb I can use to describe eating the was shoveling them into my mouth. A few fell apart, and there was some plate-to-face action happening. The leftovers made great lunches at work the rest of the week. I’ll definitely make them again.

Kim May 19, 2013 at 10:59 am

Just made these today, very good! Will definitely make again!

allison June 8, 2013 at 7:36 pm

I have made many quinoa burgers, my family eats vegetarian. This recipe is one of my favorites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer June 9, 2013 at 9:38 am

So I rarely comment on anything anywhere, but I just have to say this is one of my and my husband’s favorite things to make. Since we discovered the recipe a few months ago we’ve made them at least once a week. I almost vegetarian but my husband isn’t, and well he still loves it. Super yummy! We’ve shared the recipe with so many different people and they all love it too.

Jennie August 15, 2013 at 4:56 pm

These were yummy. I’m going to experiement by freezing some that I cooked. Thanks

sonya March 9, 2014 at 10:59 pm

i love these! i was out of black beans and scallions…so i improvised and just used regular onions, shredded carrots and they still came over awesome! i actually made them in the afternoon and ate them for dinner…didnt even use a bun….just dipped them in some hot and sour Maggi ketchup (Indian ketchup) and YUM!!!!
Next stop is to introduce my chicken/fish lovin boys to these delicious treats!