Healthier Morning Glory Muffins
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple (including juices)
- 1½ cups shredded carrots (2-3 medium)
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper cups.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together oil, eggs, and pineapple (including pineapple can juices). Stir egg mixture into the flour mixture, just until combined.
- Stir in the carrot, raisins, coconut, and walnuts. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.