When Your Laptop Breaks Up with You

by Andie Mitchell on January 29, 2012

My laptop,

a gal who happens to be one of my best friends,

has decided she’s unhappy in our relationship.

Unofficially and unfortunately, she has refused to function.

Somehow I think we’ll work it out, as we tend to do. But today, I’m without all of those food-stained photographs, all the recipes I like to share.

To tide you over until tomorrow, here’s an article a friend recently sent me from the Wall Street Journal.

Hilarious.

Honest.

No nonsense.

and

Absolutely valuable.

The 27 Rules of Conquering the Gym by Jason Gay

Skye (Skye Loves..) January 30, 2012 at 12:50 am

Sorry to hear about your laptop letting you down. But love the article – brilliant. x

Heather@ SugarDish(Me) January 30, 2012 at 5:12 am

That article was absolutely priceless. Thank you for sharing! Also, I think my desktop might be secretly soliciting advice from your laptop.

Ana January 30, 2012 at 7:26 am

So glad you posted this!
I read it few weeks ago in the paper, and found it so delightfully funny I promptly read it aloud to my mom and sisters.
A thought for Miss Laptop… I believe she is jealous… such yummy culinary delights and all she gets to do is show them to google eyed, salivating readers. Hope she decides to continue her duties soon!

-Ana

PS: Is it true you are working on a book?? I cannot WAIT to read a bounded literary piece of yours!

admin January 31, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Hey! First, thank you! Second, yes I am working on two books- a weight loss memoir and a cookbook. The first one should be released in spring 2013 :)

TJ January 30, 2012 at 7:39 am

Thanks for the laugh. :)

Vanessa January 30, 2012 at 8:10 am

Ha ha, I posted the SAME article on my blog. Love it

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 30, 2012 at 10:19 am

Thanks for the lunchtime reading material Andie! And I’m sending good tech vibes your way!

Chelsea @ Naturally Sweet Recipes January 30, 2012 at 10:38 am

SO sorry to that! Way to be funny about it though!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape January 30, 2012 at 10:45 am

How dare your laptop break up with you! lol

Jillian January 30, 2012 at 11:40 am

“11. Gyms have two types of members: Members who wipe down the machines after using them, and the worst people in the universe.”

HA!

Lisa January 30, 2012 at 12:04 pm

I’m sorry. I hope your laptop sees the wisdom of continuing the relationship or something better comes along soon.

Linda January 30, 2012 at 12:42 pm

I totally just lol’d at work. But not about your laptop. That sucks.

Jo @ Jo In the Kitchen January 30, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Oh no! I hope you and your laptop work it out. I recently broke up with my laptop, but I’ve now happily moved on. It was for the best ;)

Laura Jane @ Recovering Chocoholic January 30, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Love the link! Those laptops can be fickle. My work laptop broke up with me recently. I had to get the insides completely replaced.

Lu January 30, 2012 at 7:57 pm

I broke up with my laptop at Christmas. I know, it was cold of me, but I found new, true love with my iPad. My laptop and I are still friends. He prints for me… For now. I hope your situation is resolved quickly.