Perfectly Simple Guacamole

punta uva 006_edited-1

If you catch wind of an avocado shortage, and

if that shortage should happen to begin and end in Costa Rica in, oh I don’t know, let’s say-

five days,

you’ll know where they’ve up and gone.

limes

punta uva 005_edited-1

Perfectly Simple Guacamole

• 3 avocados, peeled and mashed coarsely with a fork
  • juice of 1 lime (2 tablespoons)
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup minced onion (about 1/2 a small onion)
  • 1/2 medium tomato, seeded and finely diced
  • 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro, minced
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste

Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl and serve immediately with tortilla chips.

Comments

1. says

Mmm. That looks amazing, especially with those chips! I’m not usually one for thicker chips but those look like the perfect compliment to that guac. I’m now off to my kitchen . . .

2. Shanna says

is there a type of avocado that you prefer when making guacamole? Just curious if you prefer one type over the other…

3. says

I’m such a sucker for guacamole…I can’t ever let this pas by if it’s on the menu when I’m out. nothings as good as the homemade though…that’s for sure. It’s just so freakin hard to really find good avos that are ripe…or that get ripe…without turning icky.

never heard about cilantro as ingredient…got to try that the next time :)

4. Courtney says

I love that guac recipie – so yummy!!!! I cant remember where i found it originally, but it makes everything taste better!

5. says

Have you come across something called a Limón Mandarino? It’s a lemon that has green skin and a bright orange inside. It’s amazing. Hunt those down.

6. says

This looks and sounds delicious. I am new to your blog, so I took sometime to browse through your earlier posts. I’m so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I’ll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings…Mary

7. says

I love me some Guac so I will definitely be trying this recipe out soon. Thanks for sharing.
    I hope you’re enjoying your adventure on the islands, but I have a question….You haven’t really mentioned your relationship and how your man is coping with you being gone for the next 2 1/2 months? Just curious….

8. Harmony says

These are the same ingredients my husband and I use. We add a little cumin, but it’s not necessary. But what really makes ours awesome is the addition of chevre (goat cheese) at the end–not mixed in smoothly, still in little chunks when you’re done. Try it, you’ll love it :^)

9. kelly says

My mom makes it exactly like this, except for the garlic. She also adds a bit of her special sauce which I think is a bit of vinegar and some mashed up garlic (which is why the guac doesn’t have the garlic in it like yours).

But I add some shredded mozzarella cheese in it and its great.