Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica Week 2

punta uva 004

villa_shiva_4

villa_shiva_2

villa_shiva_3

salad-08

Shalyn February 16, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Love the pics…wow and those dishes looks amazing – nothing quite like fresh fruit. Thanks so very much for this blog..you inspire and motivate our entire office.

Shalyn February 16, 2012 at 1:42 pm

oh yeah – what’s in the coconut?

Melissa E February 16, 2012 at 1:44 pm

You look lovely, as does the side of your friend. The food looks yummy. I just want to know where you sign up for a friendship/adventure like this. *readies her pen*

Shawna February 16, 2012 at 3:23 pm

beautiful photos!!! i love your little outdoor/patio kitchen. so great!

Caroline February 16, 2012 at 3:44 pm

These pictures are great and make me miss summer! You are so beautiful and look so happy!! Keep posting please :)

Carly February 16, 2012 at 4:07 pm

What beautiful photos! It looks like you are having a great time. :)

Tricia O. February 16, 2012 at 4:44 pm

I hate you a little bit right now, but I’m also so very happy for you. Enjoy every second, and I can’t wait to see what you do next!

sarah February 16, 2012 at 5:14 pm

LOvE!!! hope you are having an amazing time.

Maryellen Loiacono February 16, 2012 at 7:02 pm

gorgeous pictures!!!!!!!!!!! Where are the DOORS on that house, I am freaking out back here in Medfield.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tara February 16, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Wow. I am beyond jealous of your adventure. My biggest regret in life so far was not taking time away from friends, boyfriends & family and traveling. I was seriously sitting here contemplating how I could get out of my job, husband, puppy & mortgage just for a month…. even though I love them….and do something like this!!! Enjoy every minute. Loving the posts!
Ps: how do U make that yummy pineapple slaw salad U had mentioned?

Linda February 16, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Fantastic photos! Your trip looks super relaxing and fun! Enjoy your time!

Jana February 17, 2012 at 12:18 am

I just wanted to say, I am EXTREMELY Jealous!!!! :-) I so so so want to be where you are right now!!!! Enjoy!!!!

johnny February 17, 2012 at 3:11 am

You are beutiful!!! The cabin, food, drinks, ocean, sand they all add to the brightness in your face! It’s funny but this all started for me when I wanted to loose some weight (down 14 lbs now!) but you make it VERY plane that it is really all about how you feel smiling! You have got to feel good inside to have a smile like that!! :)

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh February 17, 2012 at 5:55 am

SOMEONE looks insanely happy with life! :)

EG February 17, 2012 at 6:28 am

I cannot be fooled – we’ve seen that exact photo of a salad before! I know because I Pinned it!

Looks like you’re having a great time – hope writing is going well.

Megan February 17, 2012 at 9:16 am

This looks amazing. I must say you are truly an inspiration in more than one way! One, obviously the weight loss. I have always been a chubby girl myself and I feel as if I can’t have that nice body because I am meant to be that “chubby girl”. However looking at these photographs and reading about your journey gives me motivation that I can do it too. Two, you are pursuing your dream and that is something that takes a lot of work to do as well. You go girl!

Thank you for being you and sharing your wonderful journey. I am excited to see the final products of these books you are writing.

Biz February 17, 2012 at 9:51 am

Still completely jealous of your adventure – loving it!!

Hope you have a great weekend, which I have no doubt, you will. Hugs!

Lisa February 17, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I’m green. Thanks for sharing. Jimmy Buffet’s Margarita ville just came on the radio. I froze my butt off walking this morning. I hope you have a wonderful adventure.

Sarah@The Flying ONION February 17, 2012 at 3:34 pm

That coconut is making me drool…is it a frozen drink/dessert inside?

So jealous! :D

Ami@dashofcurry.com February 17, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Wow– what a fantastic adventure you are on! I am living vicariously through you– it looks so amazing, and I hope to visit there one day!

Sasha February 17, 2012 at 10:46 pm

You are an amazing, beautiful and fantastic woman! Just thought you should know that!

Mindy February 18, 2012 at 6:09 am

1) Beautiful place to be!
2) Your camera takes amazing photos.
3) I want that red bikini.
4) But only if I can look that great in it.
5) With that fun pink drink in my hand!

Have a great weekend!

Rose February 18, 2012 at 9:17 pm

I was there back in 2004 and loved it. Had lobster fresh straight out of the ocean. The only thing I couldn’t get used to was the humidity… it was terrible!

Did you also visit Cahuita National Park? It was gorgeous.

Nicole from Loving Simple Moments February 19, 2012 at 9:33 am

I want to go!!! :)

Sonya February 19, 2012 at 12:26 pm

NO WAY!!! you’re in Costa Rica!!?!??! I live here!!!! I’m OBSESSED with your blog!!! AHHHH!!!

Emily February 19, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Hi!! Your trip looks awesome! And the food looks ridiculously delicious! Don’t know if you have ever tried this, but I saw guacamole, then I started thinking about avocados (which lead to what I was starting to tell you at the beginning of this run on), but anyway I found a recipe for baked tomatoes. You basically get some roma tomotoes slice them in half and then gut them and then stuff them with whatever. I tried this with just sprinkling the insides of the tomatoes with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Then crammed chunks of avocado in them and topped them with a slice of harvati cheese. Bake at 325 for 15, then broil for like 4 minutes until the cheese starts turning a slight goldeny color. Best flavor combo EVER. I can’t even describe what is going on in those little pieces of deliciousness, but it’s amazing.

Not the reason why I came here to comment on your blog today, but I had to share. The reason I came is because I read one of your entries where you mentioned reading, “The Power of Now” by Eckhart Tolle. At least I think it was here. If not I will thank you anyway because I have already invested too much time to turn back now. At any rate, I started reading it and it is an amazing book. It’s hard to wrap your head around the idea at first, but I’ve noticed decisions are a lot easier to make when you think in terms of now, and not perpetually doing things for a future goal. Most especially with working out and dieting, or well not dieting because I am over that word – but eating healthy, and making good choices for yourself. I was stuck in a rut, much like you mentioned about how, “one day”, I’ll lose this weight, and then all will be right with life. But you can’t maintain motivation if all your choices are based on this imaginary image of perfection that you will one day attain, because no one is perfect. So that never comes for ANY OF US.

Yeah – I’m babbling a bit… But I wanted to thank you for the recommend. Haven’t finished it yet, but half way through, and I am really enjoying it thus far. I love writing that really makes you think out of the box.

Happy travels!!

Emily

Emily February 19, 2012 at 1:36 pm

… that really isn’t a comment, it’s more of an email… eh, whateves! :-)

Kristen February 20, 2012 at 4:09 pm

If you have a chance, you absolutely have to eat at Bread and Chocolate while in Puerto Viejo! It’s delicious, and definitely one of my favorite restaurants in all of Costa Rica.

Dara February 20, 2012 at 4:39 pm

My friend told me about your website a few short weeks a go. I methodically read all the postings shared on the tabs, on the left of your blog. Then, I read all your blog entries, starting from newest to oldest.

Thank you! Your words were what I needed to read to help me reshape my mind about food.

Before I knew you had a book deal, I told my friend that you needed to write one. I’m just so happy you’re writing books. Your voice and experience is meant to be heard and shared with the masses.

Peace & Love~

Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic February 20, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Pretty pictures!! I wish I can be somewhere tropical now too. Enjoy the rest of your stay!

JPR February 20, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Lovely pictures! I am fairly sure that I recognize the hotel and the pictures of the beach make me almost positive. My wife and I had one of our favorite meals at a hotel just south of there. Wish we were there!

CE February 24, 2012 at 8:45 am

I just started reading your blog, which I love. You’re a beautiful person, inside and out!