Perfect 5 Minute Marinade

by Andie Mitchell on May 8, 2012

steak-4

steak-6

steak-7

Could not be easier. Combine equal parts of these three ingredients and slather the mixture onto beef, chicken, or pork. Marinate for at least 1 hour before cooking.

1/4 cup barbecue sauce  +  1/4 cup teriyaki sauce  +  1/4 cup brown sugar

steak-2

steak-3

steak-5

6351980908_2c733b84ce_o

*Andrea* May 8, 2012 at 5:29 pm

pleaseeee tell me your book will include recipes??? this looks awesome!

Kevin @ Extraordinary BBQ May 8, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Simple and delicious – I love the combination of bbq sauce and terriyaki! I was planning to do kabobs this weekend – will be giving this a try. Thanks for sharing!

Tracey May 9, 2012 at 5:26 am

This does look easy! BTW: How do you calculate calories for the marinaded meat? Does most of it just get cooked off?

Brandi Payne May 9, 2012 at 5:32 am

How timely! We are doing steak kabobs this weekend. This marinade will be perfect!

Trish May 9, 2012 at 5:40 am

You have such a gift, such a talent for perfectly describing and capturing images that make my mouth drool!

I used to think salads were the most boring thing on this planet until you made them come alive!

I hope you know how talented you are. The very first thing I do each day when I come into work is click on your site. You make my day :) Don’t ever change, you’re perfect just the way you are!

LisaS May 9, 2012 at 5:42 am

What cut of meat is that? Looks so good. This may be on the mothers day menu!

Alisha May 9, 2012 at 6:50 am

I miss Market Basket =[

Don’t you worry about the sodium level in the teriyaki??

Kim @ Living, Laughing & Losing May 9, 2012 at 8:47 am

Umm..is it lunch time yet? That looks amazing!!!

Casey May 9, 2012 at 9:07 am

What kind of meat is that and how did you cook it?

Megan (Braise The Roof) May 9, 2012 at 9:58 am

Yum. Damn, now I wish I had picked up some beef at the store yesterday! Curses.

Mary May 9, 2012 at 10:18 am

What a great marinade, it sounds delicious!!! What cut of meat and how did you cook it, please?? Thanks for sharing!!!

Lauren May 9, 2012 at 4:20 pm

I love easy! And yummy! Perfect combination. Will try on the grill this weekend. Thanks!

Amy B @ Second City Randomness May 10, 2012 at 3:53 am

I enjoy this because I actually own all the necessary things… And soy sauce in anything just makes it that much more flavorful!

hungryandfrozen May 10, 2012 at 4:09 am

Ehhhxcellent.

And well done on making raw meat look appetising, not always an easy task in photography!

stephanie @cookinfanatic May 10, 2012 at 5:58 am

this post just made me crave steak at 8:55am. not sure that’s ever happened before haha. YUMMMM!

Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) May 10, 2012 at 7:49 am

Your ginger marinade is still my forever favorite :)

The Riding Librarian May 11, 2012 at 7:20 am

Can not wait to try this! Btw, I’m a new reader, just catching up. I have to say this is the best written and illustrated fitness/weight loss blog I have come across. A tip of my cyber-hat to you.

Amy May 11, 2012 at 9:04 am

What a great simple combo! Can’t wait to try it out!

Nicola May 13, 2012 at 2:06 am

Looks yummy. Love how the meat caramelizes with marinates like this – will add this to my recipe list :)

Melissa @ SquatsandSquash May 14, 2012 at 5:49 pm

my husband will love this! he’s always looking for simple marinades that dont come from a bottle!!

Jackie May 15, 2012 at 1:16 pm

This looks so delicious and so easy — it looks like something even *I* could make (and I can’t make much)! Thank you for sharing this with us!

LG May 16, 2012 at 7:29 am

You saved my butt with this recipe this morning! I had to marinate some steaks for a bbq with friends for tonight, but I also had to race around and get ready for work! Dumped all these ingredients together and am letting the steaks sit in the fridge today. I think it’ll be very yummy!

Felicia May 20, 2012 at 6:52 am

I’m marinating some drumettes right now. Can’t wait to taste how they turn out! What cut of beef is pictured below. I need to buy some of that! Thanks for sharing. Love your blog and your love of a good bakery cake from the Northeast. Can’t beat it.