Easy Summertime Pineapple Sangria

by Andie Mitchell on May 27, 2012

paella_party-03

paella_party-01

Last summer, my best Seattle friends threw me a paella party to celebrate my book deals. An incredible Spanish-style cookout. And of all the deliciousness, Barnaby’s sangria was my favorite part. Spanish tapas and brandied cherries followed closely behind. paella_party-07

This is my inspired spin on his fruited, fizzy wine. I like to let it sit chilling in the fridge for 24 hours before serving to be sure all the flavors mingle and intensify. It’s summer lovin’ in a [hopefully bottomless] glass. paella_party-02

Easy Summertime Pineapple Sangria

• 1 bottle red wine- Cabernet Sauvignon
  • 1 cup fresh orange juice
  • 1 cup pineapple juice
  • 1 cup fresh berries- a mix of raspberries and bluberries
  • 1 cup diced pineapple
  • 1 lime, sliced into thin rounds
  • 1 orange, sliced into thin rounds
  • 3 cups club soda

Combine all ingredients except for club soda in a large pitcher or jug. Let chill for 24 hours to allow the flavors to marry and intensify. Add club soda before serving.

Bailey @ Onederland or Bust! May 27, 2012 at 7:19 am

This sounds amazing!!

jaclyn May 27, 2012 at 8:10 am

Im all about Sangria! Mmmmmm…..refreshing And naughty!

kristen @ verbs and vignettes May 27, 2012 at 10:11 am

yum! i think my goal should be a new sangria recipe every single day this summer.

well, i guess not every day… but i want so much of it in my life.

Leah @ Why Deprive? May 27, 2012 at 11:39 am

I love sangria. I’ve had it with berries before, but never pineaple. This sounds amazing.

Amanda May 27, 2012 at 7:21 pm

This is fantastic! My boyfriend loves sangria. :)

Ct May 28, 2012 at 8:44 am

Will you still taste the wine? ive never had a sangria but it seems like the alcohol will get deluted way.

B @ Crags and Veggies May 28, 2012 at 9:24 am

Oh wow, I love Sangrias! All the fruit makes it look so much better, great idea for Memorial Day weekend!

Krystina Fisher May 31, 2012 at 4:05 am

hey andi, long time no read. Ive been busy- you know- pinterest lol- but ive been checking back in with you this evening. I am so excited for your book and hoping i can get it in australia when its out, especially if you have calorie broken down recipies.

Ive been having abit of a yuck time at work recently, plus trying to get pregnant ( to date unsuccessfully) and stress is just helping me pile on the kilos. However, in the last 3 weeks i have started exercising twice a week, doing Pilates which i am enjoying, and am finally ready to rethink how to diet sensibly. I re-read your post that had a little message on the bottom, about how you dont let friends eat less than 1200 calories a day. I have been doing 500 calorie diets a day and OMG its soooooo hard and it works until the day you stop. I need to make it realistic. i need to live. i need to stop punishing myself for some bad choices, years of self loathing and feeling ashamed and terrorfied of being found out for being a fraud. I am going to change it to be nicer to myself. I need to because current methods are failing very successfully. Epically. Fatly. Miserably. I want to make my 30s the time for change and the time to make my life more than daily shame and stress and hatred. You are helping more people then you know Andi, no one that used to bigger and now isnt talks as honestly as you. I havent found anyone yet that doesnt make me feel worse about myself. One day i hope i get to give you a hug chick. big love

Lisa S July 17, 2012 at 7:49 pm

I am definitely making this on vacation. When you say bottle of wine you mean the regular size not the big bottle right? I really enjoy your blog…keep it up :)