Grilled Chicken in Sun Dried Tomato Basil Vinaigrette

• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
  • 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts
  1. Combine all ingredients except for chicken in a blender and pulse a few times to combine. Pour half of the mixture over the raw chicken breasts in a shallow bowl to marinate. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Reserve the remaining half of the sauce, at room temperature, for serving.
  2. Grill chicken breasts until no longer pink in the center, about 6-8 minutes per side. Drizzle reserved sauce evenly over the cooked chicken and serve.

serves 4

Jojo June 18, 2012 at 5:12 am

That sun-dried tomato vinaigrette looks so good! And it’s so simple, too. I’m going to try this :D

Stacie @ Snaps and Bits June 18, 2012 at 6:15 am

What a perfect summer recipe! I am always looking for different ways to do chicken and this looks so yummy!

Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) June 18, 2012 at 10:18 am

Another beautiful recipe from a beautiful lady! I hope you’re working away at your book and that it’s out soon :)

Ellen Renee June 19, 2012 at 3:57 pm

MMMM – will be making this beauty very soon. Have everything on the list even the basil since I was very brave (not a gardener – just LOVE basil) and planted some seed this spring and it is doing so well.

SL June 19, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Made this tonight and it was delish! Hubby loved it too. Next time I’m going to triple the marinade/sauce and then use it for a pasta or baked potato topping. This will be a great way to use up my basil and sun dried tomatoes.

Meme @ Living Well Kitchen June 19, 2012 at 9:07 pm

That vinaigrette sounds so amazing & easy! I love that you didn’t use one of those bottled dressings to marinate the chicken.
I can’t wait to try this!!

Wendy June 20, 2012 at 3:46 am

Morning Andie! We made this chicken dish last night and it was delicious! Ended up marinating it for about 4 hours and it was super moist. Forgot to set some marinade aside for drizzling tho. My marinade didn’t get the beautiful color yours did and of course that’s what made me decide to make it! My tomatoes didn’t give it that color….any suggestions so it looks better for presentation next time? No matter, still a keeper recipe for me! Thanks!

Patricia July 1, 2012 at 10:05 am

Made this last night…totally delicious!

Christine July 22, 2012 at 6:51 pm

I made this for dinner Friday night and it was fantastic! My husband loved it too. I’ll definitely make it again.