Lighter Coconut Red Curry Shrimp

coconut red curry shrimp-3

Lighter Coconut Red Curry Shrimp

1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk

2 tablespoons Thai Kitchen® Red Curry Paste

1 tablespoon brown sugar

1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined

1/4 cup fresh Thai basil, chopped roughly (optional)

1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce

Directions:

Simmer coconut milk in large skillet over medium heat. Stir in curry paste and sugar until well blended; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.

Stir in shrimp and vegetables. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in basil and fish sauce.

Serve over either brown or jasmine rice.

Serves 4

Nutrition Information Per Serving (not including rice): 295 Calories, Fat 19g, Protein 21g, Carbohydrates 10g, Cholesterol 168mg, Sodium 1095mg, Fiber 1g

Comments

1. admin says

I should note: I don’t think you should keep the tails on as I did in the photos. I only kept them on because I know how beautiful their bright red color looks in photographs :)
    -Andie

2. Mary says

Looks great, and sounds fast & easy to fix. My kind of recipe!! You say to cook until vegetables are tender crisp, but I’m not sure what veggies you mean. Thanks!

3. Saree says

Looks Fantastic! I started following your blog after reading your amazing story. Thank you for your words of wisdom and beauty – my new hobby is walking and I love it!

4. KyleDamian says

mmmmmm! Just made this! Super tasty & super quick! I had to modify slightly with what I had on hand. Great foundation for an amazing red curry!

Instragrammed it! lol #CanYouStayForDinner

5. Elyse says

Hi! If I can’t find the curry paste (99% sure I won’t…live in West Africa), can I replace it with curry powder, about how much would you suggest? I LOVE your blog. Just found it today and already planning next week’s meals with your recipes!

• Shonte' says

I had the same question! I don’t have any, but don’t want to make it using the powder if it’s not going to turn out good :)

6. Crystal says

Made this last night for dinner, and it really hit the spot. So good. I will definitely make this again. I didn’t have any Thai basil, and it was still super delicious without it. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Trackbacks