I am obsessed.
Like, completely, overwhelmingly, not-gonna-stop-unless-you-make-me-and-even-then-it’s-iffy.
I’ve been making this one meal everyday for…oh, I don’t know…ten days?
**Note that this recipe isn’t authentic in any way. It’s simply a quick, easy meal to throw together that tastes a bit like pad Thai, with thin strands of cabbage serving as the noodles. It’s so delicious I’d call it blissful.
Lightened Up Pad Thai for Two
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 ½ cups mushrooms, chopped (any kind)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ounce salted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or Thai basil, chopped
- Set a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat. Add the cabbage and cook, stirring frequently, for 7-10 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
- Add mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes, until softened.
- Add garlic, soy sauce, and sugar and stir well to combine.
- Add eggs and stir constantly, scrambling them into the hot cabbage mixture.
- Serve immediately, topped with the peanuts and cilantro or Thai basil.
Nutrition Info for 1 Serving: Calories: 319, Fat: 20g, Carb: 25g, Fiber: 8g, Sugars: 6g, Protein: 17g