I am obsessed.
Like, completely, overwhelmingly, not-gonna-stop-unless-you-make-me-and-even-then-it’s-iffy.
I’ve been making this one meal everyday for…oh, I don’t know…ten days?
**Note that this recipe isn’t authentic. It’s simply a quick, easy meal to throw together that tastes a bit like pad Thai, with thin strands of cabbage serving as the noodles. It’s so delicious I’d call it blissful.
Delicious and healthy pad Thai made with cabbage noodles!
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small head green cabbage, finely shredded (about 5 cups)
- 1 ½ cups mushrooms, chopped (any kind)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ounce salted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro or Thai basil, chopped
- Sriracha (optional, for serving)
- In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, garlic, and sugar.
- Set a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat. Add the cabbage and cook, stirring frequently, until tender-crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the soy sauce mixture and stir well to combine.
- Add eggs and stir constantly, scrambling them into the hot cabbage mixture. Stir in the cilantro. Divide the pan among two large plates or bowls and top with the peanuts and plenty of Sriracha.
Nutrition Information: Calories 319, Fat 20g, Carb 25g, Fiber 8g, Sugars 6g, Protein 17g