1. Like everyone’s nana that ever lived, I have found my signature lipstick. Indeed, I found this shade in August of 2010 and I haven’t let even a day pass where I haven’t smeared it wildly beyond the borders of my natural lip line. I’ve even taken to buying a few tubes when I pop in to buy a new one at CVS, fearing that one day I’ll find that it has–heaven forbid–been discontinued, which will naturally leave me inconsolable and dowdy. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick #463 “Sassy Mauve.”
2. Homeland, Parenthood, Walking Dead, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: the shows I’m hooked on this season.
3. Every night in bed for the past six months, I lie there and read articles on my iPhone for an hour until one of my eyes inevitably closes, which, within ten minutes or so, unsurprisingly becomes a burden for the lone awake eye, at which point I call it quits. I read anything that interests me, while also trying not to judge myself for not reading true literature, as I had always done before now. It is pure wind-down entertainment and I love it. A good tip for any article online that you may have stumbled upon during the day and didn’t have time to read: quickly open it as a new tab on your phone’s browser to read later. Or, use one of the cool phone apps that allows you to flag articles to be read later: Instapaper and ReadItLater.
4. I think I may have just discovered–through quiet creeping on Facebook–that an old teacher of mine, who I always had a massive crush on, is now in a committed relationship and I am somehow saddened by it.
5. My mother calls me Francie. And neither of us has ever been entirely sure why.