Peanut Butter and Nutella Cheesecake Bars

peanut butter nutella cheesecake bars

Silky chocolate hazelnut cheesecake + creamy peanut butter cheesecake + buttery crushed Oreo cookie crust

peanut butter

I want to gush about this recipe.

peanut butter nutella cheesecake bars

Gush, I tell you.

nutella cheesecake

But I’m at a loss. I have very few words for how incredible these bars are because, well, incredible really sums them up perfectly.

All I should say is that I haven’t earned such rave reviews from my loved ones on a new dessert I’ve baked in a long, long time. Not like I did with these triple-deckers. Now, that either tells me that I had previously lost my baking mojo or I simply struck gold with this recipe.

nutella peanut butter cheesecake bars
  And I’d really prefer that only the latter were true.

Peanut Butter and Nutella Cheesecake Bars

adapted from Tide and Thyme

2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (about 2 full rows of cookies in a standard package)

4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature

2 eggs, at room temperature

½ cup granulated sugar

¼ cup heavy cream

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/3 cup Nutella

1/3 cup creamy peanut butter

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8” square baking dish with aluminum foil, leaving enough of an overhang at the sides to aid in easy removal of the bars from the pan. Grease the foil. Set aside.

Combine Oreo crumbs and melted butter in a medium bowl and stir well to combine. Press Oreo mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.  Bake crust until set, about 12 minutes.  Set aside to cool.

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, heavy cream, and vanilla, and beat until combined. Pour half of the cream cheese mixture into a separate large bowl and set aside. Add Nutella to the remaining half of the cream cheese mixture.  Beat until smooth and creamy. Set aside.

Clean your wire beaters. Add the peanut butter to the reserved half of the plain cream cheese mixture. Beat until smooth and creamy.

Spread the peanut butter cheesecake mixture carefully over the cooled Oreo crust. Next, gently pour the Nutella cheesecake layer on top of the peanut butter layer and spread evenly. Bake for about 35 minutes, or until the center jiggles slightly when the pan is gently nudged.  Cool completely on a wire rack.  Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before cutting into 16 bars.

*Notes: You must crush the Oreos using a food processor, otherwise the crumbs will not be fine enough to form an even, cohesive crust.
*When spreading the Nutella cheesecake layer on top of the peanut butter layer, it’s helpful to gently drop spoonfuls of the batter onto the layer in various spots and then smooth using a spatula. This prevents pooling in the center and ensures that both layers are even in thickness.

Question: Are you a chocolate and peanut butter fan, or do you prefer each separately?

Comments

1. says

The answer to your question is yes and yes. I seriously cannot wait to make these. They look and sound super amazing!

Also, what did you do with the cream filling of the Oreos? I imagine neat little stacks of frosting discs being sent into trash can across the U.S. after seeing your recipe!

2. Randy Chong says

OMG! This looks amazing. We made the red velvet cupcakes with nutella frosting, but this looks (sounds) even better. Will let you know…

3. Hannah J says

Oh. My. God. These look incredible. I think Nigella’s version of Reese’s PB cups have a contender for the title of favourite PB/choc recipe…

Just one question as a Brit who’s not 100% au fait with Oreos. When making the Oreo crumbs should I include the white filling in the processor, or leave it out?

4. Pam S says

This sound deliciously perfect, 4 ingredients I love so much on their own and would be even better all together, oreos cream cheese nutella and peanut butter, yum!!! Thanks for the recipe :-)

5. says

OH, MY, GOD. My jaw hit the floor when I saw these babies on my screen. You, Miss Andie, are a goddess. You have managed to combine all of my favorite things into one sinfully delicious package. Anddddd, because I’m no longer classifying food as “good” and “bad,” I’ll be making these bad boys (pun intended) for my next family gathering! Thanks for the recipe!

6. Jessica says

Oh my, it’s a good thing I did all my grocery shopping before checking your blog! Dinner would have been replaced by these this week if I had seen this first! :) I’m excited to add them to my grocery list next week though!

7. Kristal says

I have been trying to figure out what delicious dessert to bake for my husband’s 40th birthday, and these are PERFECT! He loves cheesecake and anything with chocolate and peanut butter. Thank you for saving me all that time looking online for the perfect recipe. He is going to love these:)

8. Lisa says

Hi Andie! I can’t eat peanut butter :-(. Do you think these would work with almond butter? I can get it chunky where they grind it fresh so it’s a bit thicker..thoughts?? Thanks for the great recipe- hope all is well with you!

9. Rocio says

Whoa your blog completely changed on me haha. I really liked the old one but I haven’t really explored this new version. This looks amazing. Specially because everyone on the blogs I read seem to be using Nutella and are getting me a little obsessed lol. I think I will try this recipie too. I love oreos and it looks perfect!

10. Courtney says

I absolutely LOVE reading your blog and getting new recipes, but very rarely do I go to the store the same day as receiving one in my inbox to make said recipe. To put it bluntly….These. Are. Amazing. And everyone in my office agrees! I am actually contemplating going to the store to buy more cream cheese just so I can make them again :)

11. says

When it comes to chocolate and peanut butter I do not discriminate. I love the together, separate, in combination what other things, on fruit, a spoon, whatever!

And just so you know, these cheesecake bars look so good it’s painful to look at them without getting to taste!

12. Rebecca says

I just cut the batch that I made last night and of course I had to try one. They are AMAZING! I am glad I am brining them to a fundraiser tonight or I would get sick from eating all of them.

13. says

Hola Andie,
    I already read all of your blog post. I am doing diet and I already lost 18 kg. I liked a lot, that you said, that you did not need the gym, only walk a lot and eat healthier.
    I saw last week this recipe and I though: My boyfriend will love it!!! He loves Oreo, Nutella and Peanut Butter. He was doing the bars today and you can see the photos in my blog: http://lasrecetasdeveroyxurri.blogspot.de/2013/02/barra-de-tarta-de-queso-con-nutella-y.html
    Thank you very much for sharing this awesome idea 😉
    Greetings from Germany
    Vero

14. says

My mom made these for me! My husband and I love them!!! Even though I work at home and can therefore try up to 3 recipes a day (love that!) I needed recruits to keep up :)

15. James says

Has anyone tried to use crunchy pb in this recipe? or perhaps some granola mixed into pb mix? Curious to see if anyone has done it and how they turned out, thanks!

16. says

This is incredible. Adding cheesecake to chocolate and peanut butter! The hardest part will be getting the cheesecake just right – I love a good cheese cake, but if not done well it can be disappointing (probably from being spoiled living in NYC for all those years).

17. katie says

could these be made in cupcake cups for personal shares??? and if so would they need to be cooked for a different amount of time?

Trackbacks