It’s been too long. But rest assured; I’m back
I made you a salad—which, well, isn’t quite a pan of brownies, but I promise you, it’s lovely in its own right.
This wholesome and hearty mix is a riff off of Anne’s perfect recipe. It’s sweet, tart, and fragrant all at once. Even better than the flavor union is the fact that it’s packed with textural variety: chewy cranberries, crisp scallions and peppers, and crunchy sunflower seeds—simply dressed with fresh lemon and olive oil.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 ½ cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 scallions, finely chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup roasted sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- Cook the quinoa in the chicken broth according to the package directions; set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk the fresh lemon juice, honey, and olive oil. Add the salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa with the parsley, scallions, bell peppers, sunflower seeds, and cranberries. Pour the lemon dressing over the top and toss to coat well.
- Serve immediately at room temperature or cover and chill to serve cold. The quinoa will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information: Calories 233, Fat 9g, Carb 34g, Fiber 4g, Sugars 12g, Protein 5g