- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups dry orzo pasta
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 large celery stalk, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Boil the orzo in the chicken broth until tender. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Combine the orzo with the chickpeas, feta, red onion, celery, basil, and mint in a large bowl.
- Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a blender and pulse until well combined and emulsified. Pour over the orzo salad and toss to coat. Let stand for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend before serving at room temperature or even chilled.
Nutrition Information for 1/6th of Entire Recipe: Calories 450, Total Fat 16.5 g, Total Carbohydrate 63.8 g, Dietary Fiber 5.6 g, Sugars 3.8 g, Protein 15 g
Nutrition Information for 1/8th of Entire Recipe: Calories 340, Total Fat 12.4 g, Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g, Dietary Fiber 4.2 g, Sugars 2.9 g, Protein 11.3 g