Minted Orzo Salad with Chickpeas and Feta
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups dry orzo pasta
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Cook orzo in boiling chicken broth until tender. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Combine with chickpeas, feta, red onion, celery, basil, and mint in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a blender and pulse until well combined and emulsified. Pour over the orzo salad and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Nutrition Information for 1/6th of Entire Recipe: Calories 450, Total Fat 16.5 g, Total Carbohydrate 63.8 g, Dietary Fiber 5.6 g, Sugars 3.8 g, Protein 15 g
Nutrition Information for 1/8th of Entire Recipe: Calories 340, Total Fat 12.4 g, Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g, Dietary Fiber 4.2 g, Sugars 2.9 g, Protein 11.3 g