This easy orzo salad is one of my all-time favorite side dishes and it’s also one of my most-requested. It requires such minimal effort, but the results are seriously impressive. The mint and feta surprise you and make each bite interesting. You’ll love the way they pair with the bright lemon vinaigrette. Next time you want a sure-fire win for a potluck, just boil up some orzo, whisk together this simple dressing, and toss the whole thing together with a few other fresh ingredients. You’ll have a salad that tastes great hot or cold! You will be thanked
An orzo salad with bright lemon, mint, and feta cheese that's great hot or cold! This one is sure to please a crowd!
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups dry orzo pasta
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 large celery stalk, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Boil the orzo in the chicken broth until tender. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Combine the orzo with the chickpeas, feta, red onion, celery, basil, and mint in a large bowl.
- Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a blender and pulse until well combined and emulsified. Pour over the orzo salad and toss to coat. Let stand for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend before serving at room temperature or even chilled.
Nutrition Information: Calories 340, Fat 12g, Carb 48g, Fiber 4g, Sugars 3g, Protein 11g